Couple of vids from a night-time road course event
These night events aren't all that common, but this is Phoenix, and it's ****in' hot already, so the various organizations do what they can rather than sit on our hands til October. Track went live at 8 PM, done by 11 PM, and it was still running hot.
Apologies in advance for the ####ty audio, I'm sending this camera back.
In the first vid, I'm running down a guy in a C6 ZR1 corvette. First lap is my fastest lap of the night. He's only been doing this a year or so, otherwise there'd be no catching him.
In this vid, there's no catching the '67 Camaro with a heads/cam LS3 conversion and tons of suspension goodies. Dude was experienced and fast. I'm a little closer to the '71 Camaro, with a 400 of some sort and again lots of suspension goodies. He's been getting it dialed in for about 3 years and it's running pretty strong.
- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks
Last edited by MFE; 06-20-2016 at 10:23 AM.