Couple of vids from a night-time road course event - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MFE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Couple of vids from a night-time road course event

These night events aren't all that common, but this is Phoenix, and it's ****in' hot already, so the various organizations do what they can rather than sit on our hands til October. Track went live at 8 PM, done by 11 PM, and it was still running hot.

Apologies in advance for the ####ty audio, I'm sending this camera back.

In the first vid, I'm running down a guy in a C6 ZR1 corvette. First lap is my fastest lap of the night. He's only been doing this a year or so, otherwise there'd be no catching him.

In this vid, there's no catching the '67 Camaro with a heads/cam LS3 conversion and tons of suspension goodies. Dude was experienced and fast. I'm a little closer to the '71 Camaro, with a 400 of some sort and again lots of suspension goodies. He's been getting it dialed in for about 3 years and it's running pretty strong.

road likes this.

- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks

Last edited by MFE; 06-20-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 03:37 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
That is pretty cool they do that. Not sure anyone up here does night time racing like that, but we don't have near the heat you guys get either.

post #3 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 09:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
MFE - Your first clip isn't the right link (it's the same as the second clip). What camera are you using with the poor audio?

Pretty cool to see some older "g-machines" out there on track. I see all sorts of articles about cars like that in Hot Rod and online, but really haven't seen any at any of the events I've attended.

Trackdaze had a night event (well, twilight) scheduled at VIR for August, and I was looking forward to signing up, having seen night clips from MFE and a few others over the years. But a couple months ago they updated their calendar and it's no longer a twilight event. Ah well...

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
MFE
Super Moderator

Ooops...video is fixed, thanks.

The camera is a ching-chong GoPro knockoff. A friend of mine has one and it's great, but this one blows and is going back. I wish my old GoPro 3 would still charge when it's plugged in but there's a broken solder inside it like they all get eventually, that I don't have the knowledge or patience to try to fix.

And yeah, I have to chuckle when I hear people say cars like those Camaros are ####ty on road courses. There's so much suspension for them now, and powerplants are pretty easy to develop, there's no reason they can't be great on track. The orange one is somewhat of a father/son project, and even has working A/C.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 02:15 PM

Awesome videos MFE, I always love watching a lowly fox mustang chase down, or at least hang with, much more expensive iron.

On a side note, I've had real good luck with the Audio-Technica ATR3350iS external mic with my GoPro2...I'm on my second one, only because I accidentally yanked on the cord and destroyed the first one.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-19-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
MFE
Super Moderator

None of my cams have external audio input though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement