Hey all -
I have a pair of PVC Leather seats in my '92 Mustang that I purchased off of eBay some 5-6 years ago. Needed a pair to pass inspection when I first bought the car due to the notorious driver side "lean." Bought these in a hurry, and 6 years ago, being the fox/car illiterate guy I was, bought these off of eBay. I can't even find these on eBay anymore... but that's neither here nor there.
With these seats, I have noticed the following:
- In the most upright position of these seats (they recline), they still have a large recline angle to them. With my back fully touching the rear of the seat, I can't reach the shifter and it's tough to see over the steering wheel.
- After driving the fox for a bit i tend to develop some back pains.
-I also autocrossed for the first time last month, and I moved all over the place with these seats.
I took some angle measurements (relative to vertical being 0 deg).
- My seats are reclined ~33 deg in their most upright position.
- Engaging the pull forward lever, I positioned the seat to what feels like the most comfortable. This occurred at about a recline of 25 deg.
- For comparison purposes, the recline in my daily driver (2013 Focus) is ~23 deg.
When looking at some reclining seats, such as the Corbeau A4, angles like the ones above are not listed (Corbeau A4 Racing Seat|Free Shipping!
). If I take a look at the Corbeau fixed back seats (Corbeau Clubman Racing Seat|Pair Ships Free!
) a reclining angle of 65 deg is mentioned.
To get to my question... Is there anything I can do short of buying new seats? And, if I were to buy new seats, what's the easiest way to find out what is a good combination of comfort and keeping me in my place? I doubt there is somewhere that i can "sit in each chair" to try them out.
Here are my seats:
Thank you for your input!