Foxbody vs New Edge on a road course
I had a great time hooning around with a friend of mine with Arizona Motorsports Park track pretty much to ourselves at a PCA event last saturday. He's a competitive racer in NASA's TTC class, I'm just a longtime HPDE guy.
Two very different Mustangs, very evenly matched.
My car is a '92 LX with a full interior that compensates for a narrow track and puny 235-width R-comp tires this time with a torque arm, panhard bar, K-member, front coilovers, and Cobra brakes.
His car is a '99 GT whose wider track and much wider 275-width R-comps are saddled with a stock K-member, stock rear suspension, and GT brakes.
My car: 3450 lbs wet with me in it, 275 RWHP/298 RWTQ on a portable dynojet
His car: 3450 lbs wet with him in it, 290/290 on the same or similar dynojet, in this case of these videos, carrying a fairly small passenger
My best time so far that day, simply could not do any better, was a 1:57.2. I wasn't running my timer this session but looking at the videos, it looks like we motivated each other well into the 1:55's. I guess a little competition helps LOL
It may not look/sound like it but we're whipping these things for all they're worth.
My video (sorry for the ####ty sound on my ching-chong Go-Pro knockoff):
- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks