Schroth quick fit harnesses - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-06-2016, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Schroth quick fit harnesses

I have an '04 GT. I am looking to add a better harness system than the factory 3 point for autocross only. I like the idea of the Schroth quick-fit which can be completely removed for regular driving but its advertised only offered for 05+.

Anybody attempt to install in an earlier car??

Too bad they don't offer a universal quick fit that comes with their own buckles on all 4 ends not just the outboard ones.....

The other option is the Rallye 4 but that's a permanent install.

04 Mustang GT- MM Max Grip box- Autocross car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2016, 06:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
The Rallye4 is permanent, but depending on how the interior is set up, you can tuck it out of the way pretty well. I've had one in my Subaru for years. The rear tailstrap portion I can tuck back under the rear seat lower cushion. The front shoulder/lap belt portion I flop over the back of the front seat, and then shove it under the driver's seat. If you routinely have passengers sitting behind the driver that might not be an acceptable solution, but it works well enough for me.

When it comes time for an auto-x event, I just pull it out from under the seat and flop it back over the seatback into position, pull the tailstrap out, and buckle the two parts together.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2016, 11:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
I can tell you how I did them on the mustang when it was my dd. Since I'm paralyzed, I run 4 point harnesses to hold me in my seat in case of an emergency. Mine had the single strap in the rear btw. I actually ran that rear strap to the factory rear upper seat belt bolt. I figured it was designed for a seatbelt, it would be a good location and it is about the right height for the shoulder belts. I added two older pics I have, sorry they aren't clearer. Hopefully you can see the belt going to the attachment point. I stress that I do not know if this will clear inspection. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows.

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement