Koni shocks/struts - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-06-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Koni shocks/struts

Looking at getting koni double adjustable shocks and struts, for my fox. Does anyone know who has the best deals on them right now? Going to pull trigger this week. I have googled until I'm crossed eyed and lowest I can find is around 1300. Koni is have another deal on them so I believe I should be able to get them cheaper than that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-06-2016, 06:43 PM

Maximum Motorsports usually passes any factory deals along.

I wouldn't buy them even on sale. I replaced a mismatched set of struts and shocks with the DA Koni's a couple years ago and my times went up by 2 seconds. I spent all weekend trying to find the right setting, even using the help of others that had experience with them. I sold them and bought the MM race valved Bilsteins and never looked back. I go to the track to drive, not tinker with parts.

'03 Cobra-529rwhp, '95R #201, '90 GT w/ IRS, 2015 Focus ST, 2012 GT track car
post #3 of 13 Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 PM

Lightning Motorsports - Celebrating 20 Years in business ! ! 1996-2016 - Homepage

Try them.. I found a spec 3 plus clutch 50.00 cheaper than any where else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I am looking at them because my intent was to my car in three aspects of racing/ street driving. There is class for road racing that only allows small suspension changes, but a lot of people use the da shocks and struts in that class. Then I do some drag racing which I thought I could get some good results from using them there as well. Then I drive my car on the street.

I know I'm asking a lot from my car but only have money for one car. Plus the classes I enter in both RR and drag only allow: lca,uca, springs, shocks/struts, brakes. Engine is limited to gt40 equipped engines no larger than 306ci. It's a fun and non expensive classes. Plus it's very competitive. No tubular k-members
post #5 of 13 Old 03-06-2016, 10:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Koni's annual 25% off spring sale should be starting soon. Vendors like MM or Solotime (who's owner is a member of this site and frequents this board) should know more details.

As for the DAs, I don't really see too many people running them any more. Once you reach that price point, you start looking at lower end ASTs, Motons, MCSs, etc.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-07-2016, 06:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurdraco View Post
Koni's annual 25% off spring sale should be starting soon. Vendors like MM or Solotime (who's owner is a member of this site and frequents this board) should know more details.

As for the DAs, I don't really see too many people running them any more. Once you reach that price point, you start looking at lower end ASTs, Motons, MCSs, etc.
Does this sale happen on all their struts including the single adjustables?
post #7 of 13 Old 03-07-2016, 06:30 PM

post #8 of 13 Old 03-08-2016, 08:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (161)
i think mm does too as i got an email about it

'90 notch w/an "old school" cartech outlaw kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
post #9 of 13 Old 03-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
mm sent me an email about it a few days ago.

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
post #10 of 13 Old 03-09-2016, 02:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
If you are going to road race the car and drag race it, I think you will be better off with the Tokico D-spec dampers. On full soft this strut is much better than the Koni DA and set in the middle, they aren't that much different for handling. The Koni DA strut won't go soft enough on rebound for good behavior in a drag racing application. Note that the Tokico shock can not be used with coilovers.

Jack Hidley
Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
post #11 of 13 Old 03-09-2016, 08:01 AM

Trader Feedback: (161)
that's what i have and love them. i haven't been back to the track with them but went fro the tokico 5ways to the Dspecs and couldn't be happier.

'90 notch w/an "old school" cartech outlaw kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
post #12 of 13 Old 03-09-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
If you are going to road race the car and drag race it, I think you will be better off with the Tokico D-spec dampers. On full soft this strut is much better than the Koni DA and set in the middle, they aren't that much different for handling. The Koni DA strut won't go soft enough on rebound for good behavior in a drag racing application. Note that the Tokico shock can not be used with coilovers.
How are the regular single adjustable konis in terms of not being bone jarring on the street when set to full soft?
post #13 of 13 Old 03-09-2016, 01:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
The Koni SA are not bone jarring at all when set to full soft. The Koni DA with its compression set to full soft, is still stiffer than the Koni SA compression damping. This makes the Koni DA not ride as well as the Koni SA under any conditions.

Jack Hidley
Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement