Installing MM solid steering shaft from below. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By MFE
  • 1 Post By FOXVERT91

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-01-2016, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Installing MM solid steering shaft from below.

Aod is still out waiting on parts...and getting a good look at the rag joint oem shaft...If you had this access now, would you jump on it while I'm right there? I've already done the mm rack bushings AND this would pretty much complete the Maximum Motorsports "Road & Track" package (via the hard way/individually).

Here's the view from the bottom:

1991 LX Convertible

GT40 Heads Ported/Milled, Crane 1.7's, TMoss Intake, Rawls Cam, 70mm TB & 76mm maf, Holly 30# & Moates QH, Wide Ratio AOD/SPT-r VB & 3.73's, JBA shorty, O/R X-pipe, DynoMax VT, MaxMo SFC's/Strut/K Braces/CC Plates/RLCA's/PHB, Bilstein HD,& Eibach Pro-Kit 270rwhp/307tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-02-2016, 10:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
For the ease of access now would be a good time. I'd also suggest getting the hybrid shaft so you can use a SN95 rack. Of course, you will need to spend the money on a sn95 rack as well. You can probably find a used 02-04 GT/Mach I rack (SPR-ZK) for around $60. I picked one up from LKQ for that amount. 03-04 cobra racks are more desirable but will also add maybe $150 to your cost over the mach I rack.

post #3 of 7 Old 03-02-2016, 12:42 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Not just yes, but hell yes. The steering column shaft is co-axial and is almost guaranteed not to be the exact right length for the MM shaft to connect, which means you'll likely need to pry/hammer/swear/pray/despair it to the correct length. Lots and lots of room to work with is very helpful.
FOXVERT91 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-02-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
Not just yes, but hell yes. The steering column shaft is co-axial and is almost guaranteed not to be the exact right length for the MM shaft to connect, which means you'll likely need to pry/hammer/swear/pray/despair it to the correct length. Lots and lots of room to work with is very helpful.
That's what I was thinking...pulling the trans gets me looking at way too much...Killing my budget . I ordered the shaft last night, got it for $204 to door...not the hybrid though. I'll get by without that upgraded rack just fine. Thanks again.
Oldbutnew likes this.

1991 LX Convertible

GT40 Heads Ported/Milled, Crane 1.7's, TMoss Intake, Rawls Cam, 70mm TB & 76mm maf, Holly 30# & Moates QH, Wide Ratio AOD/SPT-r VB & 3.73's, JBA shorty, O/R X-pipe, DynoMax VT, MaxMo SFC's/Strut/K Braces/CC Plates/RLCA's/PHB, Bilstein HD,& Eibach Pro-Kit 270rwhp/307tq
post #5 of 7 Old 03-13-2016, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Tah-dah! Took me longer than I thought it would...it always does.

post #6 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 10:23 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Keep that plug wire away from the shaft.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
Let us know how you like it after getting in a test drive. This is one thing I wish I did while I had the k member out.

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement