Hawk HPS 5.0
I am a newbie that has been drag racing for 20+ years and have built my latest Mustang to handle. Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this pad? It seems that for a street/autocross pad the general consensus is the HPS. My assumption is that the HPS is 10+ year old technology and this pad is supposed to be slightly better, newer tech, but maybe I am overthinking this? Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere before, I looked but could not find anything and there is not much info out there on the web yet. Thanks for the help.
It might help to give some details about the car so I borrowed this format from MFE(hope you don't mind):
- '92 5-sp LX coupe, T5, 3.27s, 1-5/8 shorties, Bassani catted x-pipe, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, MGW shifter
- TW170, stock cam, Holley intake, BBK 70mm TB, ProM 80mm MAF, 255lph pump, Vortech V2, A2A intercooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, solid mounts
- MM FLSC,MM K-member/A-arms, Steeda coilovers, 325# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow SA's, stock swaybar w/ urethane bushings
- GMS adj rear LCA's, MM HDtorque arm/panhard bar, 43TA7 rear springs, stock swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, 10th anniversary Cobra 18x10 wheels
Car is not a daily driver but definitely not a track only toy. Still has a/c, p/s, p/w and no plans to change that. I plan to start with local autocross, hopefully this year to get a feel for the car before stepping up to any HPDE.
'92 Coupe - Full MM suspension, koni SA, stock bottom end,stock cam,TW170,Systemax,V-2SQ,42s,Treadstone A2A 552h/541t out of fuel @ 5200 Kurgan tuned.
'80 Mercury Capri - 377, AFR 225s, ProRace Fogger 5.70 @ 127. SOLD