Mach 1 Rear Axle swap into my '94 GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-24-2015, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mach 1 Rear Axle swap into my '94 GT

Hey all, would like your advice.

I got a good deal on a Mach 1 rear end so I scooped it up. I want to put it into my '94 GT as the rear end is pretty much shot. I'm pretty sure the bushings are done because it is extremely choppy and unpredictable over bumps. It feels like its rear steering over bumps and around hard corners. Not fun. The bearings are rumbly and the LSD is completely dead. I'm not driving the car until I get it changed out.

I have my car on '01 Bullitt springs. Does anyone know the differences between a Mach 1 rear swaybar and my stock '94s? If I leave my front swaybar stock and swap to the Mach 1 rear, what would the consequences be with regards to the handling?

If I were to ever box in the stock Control Arms, I'd like to do it while the rear end is out of the car, but I'm still unsure as to which contorl arms changed from the early year SNs to the New Edge cars. Do you guys recommend boxing the stock control arms? And what bushings does everyone recommend for a stockish dd? I'm not looking to trackify this car because I have my '99 GT for that with all the MM goodies on it, but if I can make some improvements over stock I'm all ears.

Thanks!

94 GT - Fun dd
99 GT - Track Car
11 F150 XLT 5.0 4x4 Screw 3.55s - Reliable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-24-2015, 08:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Assuming this is correct, looks like the Mach1 rear sway bar is actually 1mm smaller. Not sure if either or both version(s) is/are hollow, and if they're hollow, if the wall thicknesses are the same. Probably better to just stick with the '94 GT one, or maybe try both to see what you like.

The Mach1 rear is wider, isn't it?

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #3 of 5 Old 10-25-2015, 12:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Mach 1 rearend is +1.5" overall and there is some difference in the control arm bolt size. It may be only at the front in which case you would just use your current arms.

John Flesher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-25-2015, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
Assuming this is correct, looks like the Mach1 rear sway bar is actually 1mm smaller. Not sure if either or both version(s) is/are hollow, and if they're hollow, if the wall thicknesses are the same. Probably better to just stick with the '94 GT one, or maybe try both to see what you like.

The Mach1 rear is wider, isn't it?
Thank you for the reply. Where did you pull that information from? Yes, the Mach 1 rear is wider. New edge cars grew 3/4" on each side which is part of the reason I went for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollCamberCoef View Post
Mach 1 rearend is +1.5" overall and there is some difference in the control arm bolt size. It may be only at the front in which case you would just use your current arms.
Yes I read the same. Is it the front uppers or lowers that got the bigger bolts on the new edge cars?

Any thoights on boxing the stock control arms in? Or bushings?

94 GT - Fun dd
99 GT - Track Car
11 F150 XLT 5.0 4x4 Screw 3.55s - Reliable!
post #5 of 5 Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Torx2 View Post
Thank you for the reply. Where did you pull that information from?
Sorry, the "this" in "Assuming this is correct" was supposed to be a link, but I forgot to add it. Here you go - https://lmr.com/products/Mustang-Sway-Bar-Size-Guide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement