2003 cobra front CA's on a 1990 fox? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-19-2015, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
2003 cobra front CA's on a 1990 fox?

So.. to make a long story short, I have a 1990 gt with the m-2300-k brake kit, and have been having some issues trying to fit some Steeda Ultralite wheels in the front. They rub on the stock control arm. I have an opportunity to get a set of used 2003 cobra arms with urethane bushings, about 30,000Km's on them. I've been told that they have a little more clearance to fit a bigger wheel... Just looking for more info on this swap. How did it work out for other people? What are the pro's and con's and such..any info,links and pics are appreciated! thanks!

...current set up is: stock k member, stock CA's with urethane bushings and X2 ball joints, MM c/c plates, Koni DA struts, DECH 1.5" lowering springs, MM swaybar, and the m-2300-k brake kit, MM bumpsteer kit and a cobra rack conversion. I'm trying to use the Steeda Ultralite wheels (17x9,26mm o/s,6"bs) with Nitto NT05 275/40/17's. Fenders have not been touched and currently no inner fenders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-19-2015, 08:54 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
The Cobra arms have a deeper "cutout" on the back side to accomodate wider rims without rubbing at full lock. However, they're 3/4 inch longer than the fox arms, so they'll push the wheels out accordingly, and put a lot more negative camber in it. You'll also probably need longer SN95-length tie rods for the rack.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-19-2015, 10:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
SN95 axles are .75" longer, the FCAs are 1.33" longer.

You'll want the proper bumpsteer kit from MM OR Taurus tie-rods, iirc. Thread pitch changed from SAE to metric iirc. And a 10MM spacer; fox length FCAs want 24mm on 9" wide wheels, SN95s like 36mm (assuming 94-95 spindles, 96+ are 8mm wider, so your wheels might be perfect with those if I am doing the math right in my head). Toss in some SN95 rear axles for wider rear track width too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement