Any road racer currently in a build looking for suspension? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-16-2015, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (80)
Any road racer currently in a build looking for suspension?

Im looking for a road racer that is currently looking into their suspension. I have this ambition of mine to make one hell of a handling car using UPR products. I know they are mainly known for straight performance, but with the right products and spring rates I believe it can be done.

I just need one guy that we can put together a package and build on from there. Of course pricing will be no where near advertised. Please message me if your interested. Consider this as a partial sponsorship.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-20-2015, 10:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Just curious, does UPR offer a panhard bar, watts link, and/or torque arm? If not, there's no point for any serious road racer to take you up on your offer (at least for fox/SN95 platforms).

post #3 of 9 Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurdraco View Post
Just curious, does UPR offer a panhard bar, watts link, and/or torque arm? If not, there's no point for any serious road racer to take you up on your offer (at least for fox/SN95 platforms).
You make a good point. The 05's and up its available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-20-2015, 03:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurdraco View Post
If not, there's no point for any serious road racer to take you up on your offer (at least for fox/SN95 platforms).
+1 to that. If they don't offer either then you're pinned to the 05+ stock panhard cars if you want to use only UPR. There's a lot more people playing with fox and SN95/New Edge cars

I trust MM a lot more when it comes to drastic suspension changes like Mcstrut to coilover, quadra bind to TA, etc
post #5 of 9 Old 08-20-2015, 03:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I'll shoot you a PM.

AJ Hartman
RHRPerf.com
facebook.com/rhrperformancellc/
2013, 2016-217 NASA Northeast American Iron Champion
post #6 of 9 Old 08-20-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Yeah you guys make a good point. I still think it can be done but one would have to mix and match parts.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 09:35 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
if i didnt have a 1-off modified MM k member i would entertain your offer.....but then i would have to remake all that again
post #8 of 9 Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Once upon a time I along with a fellow track buddy came in and talked about this very thing to a gentleman there. I forget who he was but he was in charge at the time. Not sure if he's still there. Basically told him to sell us on the idea of using UPR parts for road racing vs the others. He had some ideas about adding metal here and there to the current line of parts for added strength. The price was very tempting to but in the end it was hard to buy parts for road coarse use from a company that's never been in that market. I believe the main fear was the use of the thin walled chromoly tubbing that you guys use for weight advantage. We just didn't think it could hold up under heavy turns. I think it's a good idea and a start, to take a car and start running test like your planning. Big market the road racing deal. Not a bad idea to try and get a piece of it.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-22-2015, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmustang95 View Post
Once upon a time I along with a fellow track buddy came in and talked about this very thing to a gentleman there. I forget who he was but he was in charge at the time. Not sure if he's still there. Basically told him to sell us on the idea of using UPR parts for road racing vs the others. He had some ideas about adding metal here and there to the current line of parts for added strength. The price was very tempting to but in the end it was hard to buy parts for road coarse use from a company that's never been in that market. I believe the main fear was the use of the thin walled chromoly tubbing that you guys use for weight advantage. We just didn't think it could hold up under heavy turns. I think it's a good idea and a start, to take a car and start running test like your planning. Big market the road racing deal. Not a bad idea to try and get a piece of it.
Would the same apply to the mild steel k member?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement