Race footage at VIR................ - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-28-2015, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Race footage at VIR................

Figured you guys would like to see some race footage. Got a new camera and mounted it to the roof of my racecar at VIR. 140 mph and it doesn't budge!!!

2015 7 19 CMC Thunder race at VIR with NASA: https://youtu.be/9wWDJJzVc74

If racing is like sex.....why would you want it to only last 10 seconds. (road races last 25 to 45 minutes!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 12:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Great driving! And your car runs really well. What's you power and weight? I'm running heavy (Lights, factory wiring?, wipers, etc)...the downside of being able to register and occasionally drive on the street

post #3 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WutApex View Post
Great driving! And your car runs really well. What's you power and weight? I'm running heavy (Lights, factory wiring?, wipers, etc)...the downside of being able to register and occasionally drive on the street
NASA CMC.....car is 260 rwhp and 3,300 race weight. 13in 4 piston front brakes and 275 tires. We run in the rain so defrost/wipers still in my car too.

If racing is like sex.....why would you want it to only last 10 seconds. (road races last 25 to 45 minutes!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 07:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Is it just me, or no audio?

Nice avoidance maneuver @ 6min!

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #5 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 12:53 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
NASA CMC.....car is 260 rwhp and 3,300 race weight. 13in 4 piston front brakes and 275 tires. We run in the rain so defrost/wipers still in my car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
Okay - not much different than my CMC car....I'm at ~3300 IIRC and 263 rwhp on the pushrod 5.0.....Thought you were on the 4.6 -- it would be interesting to compare dyno graphs see where we're both making power.

I've only made one event this year (work schedule and I need to R&R my expired fuel bladder) - I really need some seat time in the car though.

Good luck if/when you attend the Eastern Championship!

NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge - Come race with us!!!
https://nasaspeed.news/columns/class-syllabus/camaro-mustang-challenge/

#28 CMC - 94 GT
post #6 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
Is it just me, or no audio?

Nice avoidance maneuver @ 6min!
Because the camera is mounted to the roof the sound is nothing but wind noise.....so I removed it.

That BMW surprised me a bit. Can't really tell in the video but I bottom out the car so bad the protective shock boots dropped from the top, my air dam was destroyed, and one of my tail lights snapped all 4 mounting flanges loose.

post #7 of 7 Old 07-30-2015, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WutApex View Post
Okay - not much different than my CMC car....I'm at ~3300 IIRC and 263 rwhp on the pushrod 5.0.....Thought you were on the 4.6 -- it would be interesting to compare dyno graphs see where we're both making power.

I've only made one event this year (work schedule and I need to R&R my expired fuel bladder) - I really need some seat time in the car though.

Good luck if/when you attend the Eastern Championship!
This IS a CMC car and the video is from our Sunday race. We usually start by ourselves behind all the SU, AI, GTS, etc classes. the HC group asked for a standing start and was granted a start right in front of us (their fastest guys are faster than us).

I am running the 4.6 making 263 hp but only about 297 tq. The advantage is the lack of gear changes I have to make (3.27 gear).......and aggressive, consistent driving. My competitors regularly claim I brake deeper than any of them AND I put the car in the same spot of every turn on every lap. (In a race my top 3 lap times are often less than a tenth off one another.)

VIR is my "home" track and I'm signed up......unfortunately only 3 cars are signed up so we might get cancelled

Sponsored Links
Advertisement