Ford Mustang Forums banner

SRA axle guys what are you doing for axles?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  98 Saleen Cobra 
#1 ·
So I already have a built rear end 31 spline axles and a Eaton posi unit..

I'm looking to do some upgrades and I'm curious what guys are running?? Should I keep my C-clips/eliminate them/ or 9" ends?? What is everyone running?

My new setup is going to be 3.73's, DPI differential, and either my current axles with C-clips or 9" ends.. Give me your input please :)

#2 ·
I've got the new style/late model ford ends welded to mine. 31 spline TrueTrac is waiting for the 3.55 FRPP gears to come in, clamped down with ARP bolts. Sooner or later, I'm going to send Strange the length dims I need for the axles.

Brakes, I don't know yet. Lot's of options out there, and Strange needs that information for the axle length.

I'm planning on only about 400/425 at the wheels, the rear end is probably going to be overbuilt. But I'd like to just do it once.

My 8.8 build

#3 ·
So are you keeping your C-clips or doing 9" ends etc?

#4 ·
I have an 8.8 with Ford 9 inch new style ends. Its a good upgrade if you can swing it. I believe Willyt notes he is using "new style / late model" ends too.

#5 ·
The 9" ends gets rid of both the c-clips and c-clip eliminators. It's one of the reason I went that route. I have no immediate plans to do actual class racing, but I think outfits like SCCA, NASA and the like ban c-clip style axles.

As Curt mentioned, the New Style / Late Model Ford is a 9" application. Different companies call it different names, but the dimensions match up.

#6 ·
I'm also running new style ford 9" ends with Currie brake brackets and Cobra rotors and calipers. I have the stock Fox width but will be eventually changing to SN95 width when I upgrade to 31 spline shafts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Perfect it sounds like this is the route I'll be going.. I'm not to worried about cost.. My buddy is doing it for me for super cheap, I just needed to know what people are running. Looks like I'll be doing 9" ends.

Can anyone help me out with links to axles and such? I'm running Superior axles right now.. I know that I'll need new axles.. and then some brackets for the brake setup etc..

Any help with links etc would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much in advance :)

#8 ·
Here are the particulars on the 8.8 hybrid that Griggs build for my car. This is for a Fox. Call Moser. They will help you spec one out for you SN95.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msr-7750/overview/

GRSL-HYB-8.8 hybrid axle assy. Special Length 44.875"
axle flange to flange

1 ME HYB31S, 93G Axle Set, Offset 31S hybrid 8.8-9" w/Gold Track Diff.
Tapered roller bearings, seals and retainers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.