Ford Mustang Forums banner

Rear Control Arms Difference

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  mtrain2000 
#1 ·
Lets first start with the car. The car is a daily driven 88 GT, but is being designed to be a street corner carver with a few road course track days. Right now I have the crappy cheap granatelli motorsports rear lower control arms and the stock upper control arms.

I wanted to know the difference between the two and why you would go with:

UPR CHROME MOLY ADJ URETHANE LOWER CONTROL ARMS

MM Heavy-Duty Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms

As always its justifying cost for function. There are only two differences that I see:

UPR is adjustable and uses a rod end bearing
MM is not adjustable and uses a spherical bearing

My question is: Is it worth the extra money for the MM version?

#2 ·
Drop the coin on the MM height-adjustable ones and thank me later.

#4 ·
Height adjustable rears are worth every extra cent. I prefer the MM design over most of the others because of MM's focus on street and track durability. I ran a rod-ended PM3L for at least 2 seasons and found that (i) a lot more gear noise was transferred to the cabin and (ii) I was always checking for damage/stress since the car was/is DD. The peace of mind that comes with the MM product is worth the difference to me.

#7 ·
For a car thats street driven a lot, i'd consider STEEDA's 3-pc poly bushings. The center of the bushing is stiff to keep the axle located while the outer sides are softer polyurethane that allows the arms to twist.

Going to these from cheap SVE arms/bushings greatly improved rear grip and ride comfort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.