Need opinions on frontend setup! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Need opinions on frontend setup!

I'm looking for your guys' opinions on the frontend suspension setup of my 98 cobra. I'm planning to overhaul my frontend suspension setup with MM components but not sure if I should take the leap full tilt.

So far, here are the parts I've gathered this winter waiting to be installed:

1. MM forward offset front lower control arms
2. MM bolt-thru bumpsteer kit
3. MM CC plates
4. MM aluminum steering rack bushings
5. MM solid steering shaft
6. MM urethane swaybar bushings
7. MM short swaybar endlinks
8. MM K-member brace (for stock K-member)

I was just about ready to get these installed until I came across a killer deal on the last piece of the puzzle, an MM K-member...along with MM non-offset front lower control arms, and a Canton oil pan ($500 for all!)

Now my question is...would it be worth it to spend the extra money ($500) on the MM K-member, non-offset control arms, and Canton oil pan, then buy all the required parts for the install, ie: oil filter relocation kit and front swaybar relocation kit? All the parts that I have waiting to be installed are still new and I can return them or exchange them for parts that will work with the MM K-member, but I'll still be spending an extra $500 on the parts + an additional $300+ for the installation (on top of what I'm already going to pay to install the first set of parts).

Is the K-memebr and oil pan really worth the extra $800+ in parts and labor, or should I stick to what I already have in my garage and use the money elsewhere??? Opinions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement