need ESP build advice - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Lightbulb need ESP build advice

Last year my daughter totaled my fully prepared ESP camaro ss. Im currently in the middle of a new ESP project. I found a 95 cobra and for the last year I have been trying to make it locally competitive. Already on the car is a set of beat up 275/45 17 hoosirs from my camaro. They are mounted on 03 cobra wheels. hawk hps pads, MM full length sfc, 35mm front sway bar, koni sports, H&R super race springs, and sparco racing seat out of my camaro. The rest of the car is pretty much stock. I've added msd wires and cap. K&N drop in filter and a off road hpipe still bolted to the stock back cat exhaust. This time around money is tight and my budget will not let me do a all out street prepared build like I did with my 01 camaro. I have done a lot of searching and reading. Trying to figure out what would benefit the car the most.

I have thought of doing 3.55 gears and why I was down there I was thinking of rebuilding the stock diff. By replacing the the worn put disks with Ford racing carbon disks. I know it won't be as good as a eaten or a torson. It might not be better then stock. It makes me.wounder if rebuilding the stock diff would be a waste of money.

I also think a MM phr would help the the 4 link rear suspension. But don't know if other things should come first.

Another thought was adding MM camber plates. I drilled out the rivets out of the strut mounts and was able to get -2degs of camber. But caster isn't adjustable. Thinking a lot more positive caster would help.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do next?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-15-2011, 07:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
The biggest bang for the buck is big fat sticky tires. Get some 10 or 10.5 wheels and put some 295 or 315 all the way around if running A6s. The second most significant mod I did to my 99 was a watts link. Haven't run a panhard on it for comparison but I highly endorse the watts link. Just not sure if anyone makes one for the SN95 now. Mine was home made.

Of course the total package is always better.

99 Mustang GT - Auto-x/track car, 96 Townsend Chassis Late Model Stockcar (sold), 03 F150 - Daily Driver
http://www.youtube.com/user/sandyman099/videos
post #3 of 8 Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil95 View Post
Last year my daughter totaled my fully prepared ESP camaro ss. Im currently in the middle of a new ESP project. I found a 95 cobra and for the last year I have been trying to make it locally competitive. Already on the car is a set of beat up 275/45 17 hoosirs from my camaro. They are mounted on 03 cobra wheels. hawk hps pads, MM full length sfc, 35mm front sway bar, koni sports, H&R super race springs, and sparco racing seat out of my camaro. The rest of the car is pretty much stock. I've added msd wires and cap. K&N drop in filter and a off road hpipe still bolted to the stock back cat exhaust. This time around money is tight and my budget will not let me do a all out street prepared build like I did with my 01 camaro. I have done a lot of searching and reading. Trying to figure out what would benefit the car the most.

I have thought of doing 3.55 gears and why I was down there I was thinking of rebuilding the stock diff. By replacing the the worn put disks with Ford racing carbon disks. I know it won't be as good as a eaten or a torson. It might not be better then stock. It makes me.wounder if rebuilding the stock diff would be a waste of money.

I also think a MM phr would help the the 4 link rear suspension. But don't know if other things should come first.

Another thought was adding MM camber plates. I drilled out the rivets out of the strut mounts and was able to get -2degs of camber. But caster isn't adjustable. Thinking a lot more positive caster would help.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do next?
Pretty much all the info you need is here: Building a SN95 for ESP. Pay particular attention to page 2. Also note that subframe connectors are now legal in ESP.

Not sure that 3.55 gears are legal unless they came stock on some SN95's. I don't know the answer to that as I'm mostly a Fox guy. Something you should check.

'87 Fox C-Prepared Mustang
2013, 2015 Pacific NW Regional Champ
Car has trophied at 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 SCCA Nationals
Zero scrub SLA front end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-15-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for the link. Lots of great information
post #5 of 8 Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 PM

351 with Y-303 aluminum heads, bunch of suspension mods, and 315 Hoosier A6's all around.

Yeah, that oughtta haul some serious butt!!!!

'87 Fox C-Prepared Mustang
2013, 2015 Pacific NW Regional Champ
Car has trophied at 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 SCCA Nationals
Zero scrub SLA front end
post #6 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
3.55s okay due to Mach1, 03/04 Cobra and 00 Cobra R
post #7 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

I tbought 3.55 gears where ok to run. I wish I could run 315 tires or build a cobra r spec 351 motor. But is way out of my budget. For now I'm stuck with my cobra 5.0 and 275 tires. But that's ok, I'm not really to worried about making big horse power. Seeing that autox is more about handling. Thanks for the help
post #8 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 06:47 PM

there is some good info in this thread for an esp build.https://forums.corral.net/forums/road...g-esp-fox.html

Neal
-86 coupe project sitting in my garage on a 5 lug conversion.. and the motor is in.. and it runs
-newspeak SUCKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement