Fun weekend instructing for NASA AZ
I had a great student in a 2011 STI. Great attitude, constant improvement, totally understood the mistakes he was making (look further ahead, turn in later, apply throttle later, bzzt rewind repeat), but I'll tell ya what, these kids these days have NO idea how good they have it with ABS and Hand-of-God Stability control.
He got all out of shape one time, then fixed it. I asked him, was that you, or was that the stability control? "Stability control". "Lucky".
That said, here I am on day 2 working my ass off to catch him after he's only been on track for 6 20-minute sessions. This was his 2nd solo session.
- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks