9" front wheel with early K, 99 arms, 95 spindles? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
9" front wheel with early K, 99 arms, 95 spindles?

im running 99SVT wheels on my car right now and honestly im thinking of widening them unless i can find some decent wheels that will bolt on. I know its harder to find them with the correct offset due to how wide my track is.

It looks like s197 wheels might be the way to go but haven't seen much on this. I want to stay with 17s to keep tire cost down and availability better. There isnt too much s197 in 17s.

i am running 94-98 width out back and still need a .75 spacer to push them out to be even with the front.

thanks
matt

1988 Notch...2.5T
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5 lug cobra brakes, full MM CO, MM PH, MM TA, MM FLSFC, SN95 A-Arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
I have an 86 with 04 Mach 1 a-arms, 95 spindles and 96 cobra wheels. I run MM's softer front bar with 300# C/Os. I run a .5" spacer on the back with Fox length axles. I prefer the front track to be slightly wider than the rear which helps with understeer. I have PM3L with MM PHB and adjustable sta-bar in th rear. I have no oversteer issues. Wheelwells are not rolled or otherwise modded.

Like you, I've looked at running a 9" rim F&R but find that there are diminsional issues at work. For example with a 10" C/O spring and the longer a-arms there is still little room between the C/O spring and the wheel up front especially if I added an entire inch to the inside of the rim (typically the way a stock wheel is widened). On the rear, I might have to go with a .75" spacer to get the clearance since there is very little room between the wheel and my LX type pipes now. The s197 wheels would be impossable without spacers on the front of my car, and would probably hit the pipe in the rear even with the .5" spacer I have now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement