Who sells road course Koni series 30's? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
CSG

Trader Feedback: (18)
Who sells road course Koni series 30's?

I can find oval track ones everywhere but can't find the road course ones. I don't know what the difference is either since you choose your valving???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Koni 30 Series Rebound Adjustable Oval Track Shocks : Koni 30 Series Shocks : Koni Circle Track Shocks

The 30 series is a oval track shock. There is no road race 30 series. Don't know what the big difference is but they do offer a road race shock. They is a 3012 in both road race & oval. Hope the link helps.

http://http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/KONI_Motorsports_2008.pdf

I run the 30-5325 (I think?) on my BartsWorks set-up. Seems to do OK but the 5" stoke is a little limiting.

Last edited by MrWrenchPhD; 10-05-2011 at 12:43 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
CSG

Maybe they offererd one at one time? I can find a listing for Road Course Series 30 on koni's sight through a google search but can't find anything else. I see the 3012's but was researching cheaper options. I will be putting these on a Bart's work SLA as well so any tech you can offer on shocks or setup would be greatly appreciated. I have no setup info at all. I did find that most guys run around a 600lb/in front spring but have no rear spring info, alignment settings or ride height info. My car is a 98 Cobra BTW. My setup has never been mounted up before and it came with AFCO shocks. It also came with springs but they are 350lb/in and I feel that rhis will be too soft for a track only car. I am also guessing that the shock valving will be too soft so was thinking of just getting new springs and shocks for all 4 corners as It would be very inconvenient to trial/error a new valving package on my AFCO shocks and I don't know of a good shock service place to do them and get them right the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (4)
Which AFCO shocks do you have? I have run thier stuff for years and am pretty happy with it.

Speedway Motors does revalves, as does the AFCO factory. I have used both.

Davew
post #5 of 5 Old 10-10-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
CSG

Dave, I do not know which shocks they are. They do not appear to be adjustable or nitrogen filled. There is one knob or plug at one end with two small holes that some type of specific tool must fit. I do not know what that is for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement