Will Adjusting 1/2-3/4" of a coil over require a new alignment? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Will Adjusting 1/2-3/4" of a coil over require a new alignment?

When I installed my coil overs I thought I had the ride height totally set even. I did have to make the front right side a bit higher by about 1/2. Now that I've driven the car around all year, that side is now 1/2" higher. Now before you guys say I was an idiot for not driving it, I drove it around for 2 days to make sure it would sit the same, and it did so I got the alignment done...

Can I simply raise the colar that 1/2 inch and be done with it or will I have to re-do alignment too? Its the front passenger side.

Matt, 90' GT 347, 6037 heads, V1 Si-trim, 11psi, B31 Cam, T56, SV Intake, BE/Tweecer Tuned. 550rwhp 513tq
Bonneville 130 club member. (139.993) [email protected] in the 1/4.
03' Sonic Blue Cobra 497rwhp 481tq
13' Taurus SHO Performance PackDaily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-15-2011, 09:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Alignment will change. Whether you are anal enough to go get I realigned, is really up to you. I've got lifetime alignment at Firestone, so its no sweat of my back. You will probably lose some negative camber, but i'd most worry about toe being off

94 Mustang GT. Stock.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 01:17 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Yes, it'll change, no, I wouldn't even sweat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Okay thanks guys. Much love. I've heard about Firestone doing the lifetime alignments are they worth a damn? Do they honor that at one store or all of them?

I would lower the car on that side. that would gain me more negative camber correct?

Matt, 90' GT 347, 6037 heads, V1 Si-trim, 11psi, B31 Cam, T56, SV Intake, BE/Tweecer Tuned. 550rwhp 513tq
Bonneville 130 club member. (139.993) [email protected] in the 1/4.
03' Sonic Blue Cobra 497rwhp 481tq
13' Taurus SHO Performance PackDaily

Last edited by Nitrous SSC; 09-16-2011 at 01:37 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 AM
CSG

Trader Feedback: (18)
I raised my front by a little less then .5" and the camber changed by .1 deg. I have not checked the rest:
post #6 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 AM

Firestone's lifetime alignment is worth it IF and only IF you can find a store where they have a tech who cares enough to spend the time on your car. I am a Service MGR for a firestone here. The guys that work for me are great and will take the time to set things in the center to make it right.
The store i was in previous to this the tech's had the attitude of "green is good" and " I dont get paid enought to do any more than is necessary" and would not take the time to make it perfect. Just remember to take care of the guy if you find one who will go the extra mile. He will return the favor to you by making it perfect.

91 convert single turbo open track car
post #7 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM

I love my Firestone. They never have a problem with me bringing in the car more often than the policy dictates (every 6 months, or 6k miles, if you want to get technical about it), and they have no problems with custom alignment specs. With -2.5 camber, 7.5 caster, and 0 toe, I'm all into red. The guy who works on my car has S13 which he drifts, so he loves working on mine.

94 Mustang GT. Stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement