Question about demand on used griggs stuff. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 07-29-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question about demand on used griggs stuff.

I wasnt sure where to post this. but im thinking about getting rid of my gr 40 stuff of my mustang. It has SO much #### on it i dont even know what it all is but im looking into it. What i do know is it is all griggs. I know im gona get rid of my torque arm and pan hard bar. Im still debaiting on the K member with a arms, sway bar, Bear big break kit and those adjustable things at the top of the shock. (sorry im not a suspension guy) But are there people looking for these kinds of things?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Not really. Just package them up and I'll pay the shipping to get them out of your way.

99 Mustang GT - Auto-x/track car, 96 Townsend Chassis Late Model Stockcar (sold), 03 F150 - Daily Driver
http://www.youtube.com/user/sandyman099/videos
post #3 of 23 Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickertattoo View Post
I wasnt sure where to post this. but im thinking about getting rid of my gr 40 stuff of my mustang. It has SO much #### on it i dont even know what it all is but im looking into it. What i do know is it is all griggs. I know im gona get rid of my torque arm and pan hard bar. Im still debaiting on the K member with a arms, sway bar, Bear big break kit and those adjustable things at the top of the shock. (sorry im not a suspension guy) But are there people looking for these kinds of things?
Hmmmm, wonder if this car is stolen...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Ummm No its not. In fact if you would ike to see the title and what not you can. Infact both of the old owners of this car post on this site. I got the car roadraced out im a drag racer. Iv already posted videos of the car because im trying to sell my F1R kit. Im doing a LS swap in the car with a gt4788. I can cut off 150+lbs off the car by getting rid of the gr40 suspention. Infact. why dont i just post them here too.

EPIC! video by kickerzx2 - Photobucket
2011-04-06_21-21-46_892.mp4 video by kickerzx2 - Photobucket

it lives video by kickerzx2 - Photobucket

There are a few over time pics and vids. Iv been workn on this car for a while. Though about road racing it but naa im a horse power guy. Id thank you not to jump to conclusions about people right off the bat. Its pretty rude.
post #5 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Looks pretty light under the hood now. Will the weight savings out weigh changing the rear suspension?

My neighbor dropped a boosted 5.3 in a notch, also a drag oriented car. Dyno'd 665rwhp 581rwtq @ 15psi. I don't think he's run it at the track yet though

1993 GT 310rwhp / 351rwtq
AFR FTI EDEL Combo. MM, T-56 3.73, Brembo, 275s on 03 Cobras all around
post #6 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Rear end weight will be pretty good going back to factory style. Some weight savings there as well. It will have to be fine tuned again but o well. That's how it goes.
post #7 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Car isnt stolen whoever said that can go pound sand.It used to be my car.Ive sold plenty on this site and own my own shop here in fresno.
post #8 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxfox5.0 View Post
Car isnt stolen whoever said that can go pound sand.It used to be my car.Ive sold plenty on this site and own my own shop here in fresno.
F-off dip####, congratufukinlations you've sold plenty on here, whooptee-do. Who in their right mind buys a car with thousands of dollars in road race stuff and has no F'ing clue what id does and doesn't have.

In fact, I thought it was quite awesome they didn't even know what the "adjustable things at the top of the shock" were. You don't hafta be a suspension guy to know what camber and caster are.....especially if you're planning to make a billionteen HP turbo drag car. X2
post #9 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Hey there buddy. Im not pretending to be a pro. or anything specifically with suspension but it is what it is. If you dont like it then fawk off. Why would someone buy a car with all this suspension? the guy with the money smart guy. God damn. The car was a good deal from my best friend. Whats it to ya? Who really cares? I just wanted to find out if there was a demand for this kind of stuff. If there isnt then ill put it on another car and road race it. If there is then ill just sell it. So that being said. If you dont like it piss off.
post #10 of 23 Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
You should post this same thread over on corner-carvers.com I'll give you $300 and pick up the shiping for everything just let me know.

post #11 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

I may have been born at night but it wasnt last night. I know how to check grigg's web site to see what this kit cost new and 300 for used? Ya not happening but thanks for the offer.
post #12 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I may have been born at night but it wasnt last night. I know how to check grigg's web site to see what this kit cost new and 300 for used? Ya not happening but thanks for the offer.
Well, you did buy a car setup for some serious road racing/corner carving only to turn it into a drag car....so I can see where he was basing his suggestion to you.
post #13 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM

You post this...

Quote:
I wasnt sure where to post this. but im thinking about getting rid of my gr 40 stuff of my mustang. It has SO much #### on it i dont even know what it all is but im looking into it. What i do know is it is all griggs. I know im gona get rid of my torque arm and pan hard bar. Im still debaiting on the K member with a arms, sway bar,Bear big break kit and those adjustable things at the top of the shock. (sorry im not a suspension guy) But are there people looking for these kinds of things?

and then say....

Quote:
You could have fooled me genius. I retract my first offer. I'll give you 250, you spring for the shipping.
post #14 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
This already reads like a "corner carvers" thread.. a guy posts a question and everyone attacks him.. haha! good luck there too! post a price you will take for your stuff in the for-sale section here and let the bidding start..
post #15 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Hey JW for that price i will send you a box of FUC K OFF and with a few empty pepsi cans too. I mean really grow the fawk up.
post #16 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT View Post
Well, you did buy a car setup for some serious road racing/corner carving only to turn it into a drag car....so I can see where he was basing his suggestion to you.
Im aware the car was built for turns but cars that turn can go in a strait line too. Clearly my car did the vids are there. Its not like its a big deal. I just want to focus on the 1/4 mile now and cut some weigh out of the car. The car came with that stuff on it and its all good stuff. Miss piggy is gona go on a diet and im gona kick the power up another 400 wheel. Done. very simple. I just wanted alittle input not retarded trolls with nothing better to do with their time.
post #17 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 PM

K THNX Bi
post #18 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 09:17 PM

My final offer is $50, a copy of my detailed instructions on the LSx swap, and a used QA1k-member with some old Lakewood 50/50 shocks. I also have some Summit racing stickers I'll throw in.
post #19 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:

Griggs is just trying to get rid of all there left over stuff. A guy who was racing a Camaro for TCI at the Super Chevy Show (I was running the autocross for them) was telling me that Griggs closed doors two years ago because they too many people too much money. He has an older 69 Mustang and he tried Griggs K-Member that was supposed to allow a Mod swap, and he had nothing but problems with it.

I'm just saying I've been hearing mixed stuff about Girggs lately, so I personally would'nt pay too much for used Griggs items. Can we say no customer support in the near future?

Autosports Northwest
RGL Motorsports #129
1981 Coupe - Under Construction = C Prepared build
post #20 of 23 Old 08-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Griggs Racing closed doors?? - SVTPerformance

Looks like Griggs Customer Service stopped a few months ago........

Autosports Northwest
RGL Motorsports #129
1981 Coupe - Under Construction = C Prepared build
post #21 of 23 Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF66 View Post
This already reads like a "corner carvers" thread.. a guy posts a question and everyone attacks him.. haha! good luck there too! post a price you will take for your stuff in the for-sale section here and let the bidding start..
My thoughts exactly There are a lot of C-C.com guys on here. The OP would have helped his effort by doing a search "FS Griggs ______" (torque arm, TA, PHB, etc.) and by spell checking his post...

As for Griggs, I heard they are bankrupt (ch. 11), but as a few have mentioned, it seems like there isn't much going on there these days.

96 Maximum Motorsports Cobra + AST 4200s
DD 10 VW GTI DSG | OZ Superturismo GT
post #22 of 23 Old 08-07-2011, 05:39 PM

Too bad, I guess another victim of the recession.
post #23 of 23 Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM

If I had the cash I would throw you an offer....a real offer...I to have the Griggs PHB and TA and love it. I just need some new rear springs and lower control arms to go with it. I haven't even started messing with the front suspension yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread