Driver's fender liner + Washer fluid container - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Driver's fender liner + Washer fluid container

I've just got my car aligned from installing MM fwd. offset A-arms. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have some rubbing issues on the driver's side once I put my A6s on (295/17).

I've moved my battery to the trunk and am thinking about moving the washer fluid bottle to where the battery tray is to give me more room for the suspension to work before it hits the liner. Has anyone done this? Are there any issues I'm not seeing before I jack the car up?

2.5 fingers clearance sitting still

2nd Pic

Wheel Shot

Thanks!

David

96 Maximum Motorsports Cobra + AST 4200s
DD 10 VW GTI DSG | OZ Superturismo GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
What would be the problem with deleting the tank except for the obvious?

post #3 of 8 Old 06-06-2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang415 View Post
What would be the problem with deleting the tank except for the obvious?
I'm thinking I can just move it, but am not really sure...my battery is in the trunk, so I think I can just somehow mount it where the battery used to be. Is it as simple as I think it will be or am I missing something?

(I want to keep the washer fluid)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
The hoosier 295/17 is actually a short tire unlike the kumho 295/17 (aspect 35 vs 40). Hoosier has it listed as shorter than their 275. I have not had problems with tires rubbing there, but I am sure it is suspension setup dependent.

2012 Race Red GT
1998 Black GT (Open Track car) - TF 44cc Heads/Aviator SB, HP cams, BBK shorties, Delta Force tuning, MM Panhard LCA FCA Full subs CC plates coilovers, Koni Yellows, drop spindles, Brembo/Cobra brakes, 3.73 gears, truetrac diff
Track Videos - http://www.youtube.com/cxavier68
post #5 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
The hoosier 295/17 is actually a short tire unlike the kumho 295/17 (aspect 35 vs 40). Hoosier has it listed as shorter than their 275. I have not had problems with tires rubbing there, but I am sure it is suspension setup dependent.
Yeah, It is really close, I'm going to mount the tire and use the jack to test suspension travel and turn the wheel from lock to lock...

It would be great if it didn't touch, but I'm thinking that there is more than 1" suspension travel (hoping there is more than 1" travel)

DP

post #6 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpspeed View Post
I'm thinking I can just move it, but am not really sure...my battery is in the trunk, so I think I can just somehow mount it where the battery used to be. Is it as simple as I think it will be or am I missing something?

(I want to keep the washer fluid)
Should be as simple as you think. You may have to extend the wiring and the washer tube but that should be easy to do.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 PM

You might want to see if you can find a washer fluid reservoir from a carbed stang(85 and older). My 85 had a tank that was where the newer fox batteries are. It was a combination washer fluid and coolent overflow. Just a thought.

'89 Notch: 3O4, Novi 2K/12psi, TFS heads, TFS Stage 1 cam, Cobra Intake, Tremec, Spec Stg. 2, C springs, Konis,MM CC plates, Cobra brake conversion w/ Bullitt wheels, and more crap. [email protected] with no tune- New BBK Long tubes, x-pipe and Tweecer RT and 436rwhp/432rwtq.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-13-2011, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown85GT View Post
You might want to see if you can find a washer fluid reservoir from a carbed stang(85 and older). My 85 had a tank that was where the newer fox batteries are. It was a combination washer fluid and coolent overflow. Just a thought.
Thanks for the info, Job 1 move it, job 2 make it look like it belongs in the engine bay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement