Trader Feedback: (18)
Circuit Grand Bayou 5/8/11

Anyone plan on going?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-09-2011, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
CSG

Had a great time. Emptied my 24 gal. fuel cell so I had to quit around 2:30. Everyone else had packed it in earlier. We did 3 20 minute sessions in the morning and trials after lunch. Ran 11 time trials & improved on every one.

If anyone is familiar with this track I am wondering what a "normal" time for a mustang is? I was on some 5 year old Nitto 555's so I certainly did not set any records but I had these tires in the shop and had no use for them so I used them.

post #3 of 8 Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG View Post
Ran 11 time trials & improved on every one.
Isn't that the best feeling when you keep finding more and more every lap.

Congrats!

-Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 07:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
What was your best time? I ran a 1:35, but my tired of fox is pretty much stock
I saw a guy run 1:24...I believe he had a stock motor s197 car (2005-2009) with 275 nt05s, not sure what he had done to the suspension.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
CSG

That was a great feeling. I was kinda bummed at first because I felt my time was pretty bad but by the end I was really excited. This was my first time ever on a road course so I had (and have) alot to learn.

I ran a 1.32.05 on my last lap. My first lap was a 1.38.xx so I picked up alot. My speeds were limited on the straights and a little slow out of T4 and T5 because I left the car in third. My thinking was to concentrate on the line since I am new and bring shifting in at a later time. Mainly because I got into a little trouble earlier in the day, I was going into T1 at about 105 and lost some concentration while making the downshift. This caused me to go a little deeper into T1 which made T2 pretty sketchy at my limited skill level.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
CSG

1.24... Man that is scooting. The fastest lap I saw all day was also a 1.24 but it was a c6 z06 on nt01's. They had a drifting event the day before and the owner told me the track was slow because the drifters has drug alot of dirt onto the surface. They told a miata driver that he would be a couple seconds off as compared to a "fast" day.

Anyway they issued me a log book and wrote some really positive remarks in it so hopefully I can get to wheel to wheel racing before too long.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Sounds like you got your $$$'s worth...sounds like it was pretty empty...Mother's Day will do that ...I went last year on Father's Day, and I coulda hot-lapped it like that too, but it was SCORTCHING hot out there and I had to get out of the car and get water or I felt I might pass out!
I ran on some cheap-ass 245 street tires with stock camber...my car's got 4.10s in it so I left it in 4th the entire lap...the only time it was an issue was at the end of the long straight where it would bump the rev limiter... I'm too green to be shifting AND steering
Hopefully I'll make the next one....
post #8 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
CSG

I certainly got my money's worth. I believe there were 18 drivers so it definetly was not packed. My car has 3.55's so I could carry decent speed down the straights. When I did shift into fourth I had right at another 20 mph on the long straight as I could hit 120-125as opposed to 100-105 in third. I would be great to meet up out there.

I plan on attending the rpm school in a couple weekends at MSRH so hopefully I can run a little quicker next time out. I was happy with my setup though, did pretty well for Eibach springs and Monroe shocks! I would love to see some pics of how the body set in the corners but I did not see anyone taking pics. I was running a lot of negative camber, it seemed to work as for as I could tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement