Anyone running KW C/O's - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Anyone running KW C/O's

I'm interested in these. Particularly the rear C/O's. I know with the IRS they are not a true C/O. You have the shock mounted normally, and the spring sits on an adjustable threaded perch(like any other C/O) but it sits in the factory spring location on the control arm. This is very desirable for me as it should afford me more tire clearance.

Anyways I'm wondering if their rear C/O setup is done the same way for a SRA car?

Also if you have used their C/O's before what do you think of them? So far I've read nothing but great things about them even from Cobra owners switching to them from MM C/O's.

Check out this thread for pictures.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...view-info.html

Thanks,

Jesse

Last edited by JROC; 05-03-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Not on my Mustang, but I have KW Variant3s on my CTS-V and "tuned" V3s on my Subaru (a company called RaceComp Engineering has KW re-valve them to RCE's specs). I've been very happy with them in both applications. The CTS-V setup was exactly what I was looking for - excellent ride quality, but I can tighten them up for track days if I want.

The V's setup in the rear is the same as the Cobra IRS version (coil-over spring in stock location with adapters), although the V uses a longer spring. The one complaint I have about the setup is that the rear height adjustment is a bit of a PITA. That threaded upper spring perch isn't designed to be moved under load - I don't know about the Cobra instructions, but the V instructions tell you to remove it from the car to adjust it! The perch itself isn't designed to allow you to use the spanner wrenches that you use for the front spring perch adjustments. I'm not sure why KW doesn't design that spring perch to use the same style threads that they use on the true coil-overs, it just seems kind of stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Anyways I'm wondering if their rear C/O setup is done the same way for a SRA car?
Just looking at KW's online product finder, it says, "Front height adjustable by threaded shock bodies. Rear height adjustable by adjustable spring perch." That tells me the rears have the springs in the stock location with adjustable spring perches/adapters. Page 10 of the instructions show that to be the case.

Interesting that the instructions also show that KW supplies new ball joints for the front LCAs to account for the change in load paths. I wonder what they know that the rest of us don't. There are an awful lot of Mustangs rolling around with front coil-over conversions, and I can't say I've ever heard of anyone having ball joint problems.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...

Last edited by Patrick Olsen; 05-04-2011 at 08:56 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
^ Thanks for the info.

I'm glad to hear that you like them. When I order my MM front suspension I may just skip the C/O's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
What's different about their ball joints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement