Steering wheel shakes with camber adjustment bolts - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-22-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Steering wheel shakes with camber adjustment bolts

A while back I installed a set of cam bolts replacing one of the factory spindle to strut bolts. After the install, and camber adjustment, i noticed I was getting steering wheel shakes as if I had a loose tie rod end ball joint (or heim joint in my case). I would get these when i'd encounter a bump mid corner.

Has anyone else had these issues with camber adjustment bolts? I really need these to dial in a good street alignment. I installed these to replace the upper spindle to strut bolt. Should I try the bottom bolt? I don't think this would make a difference but perhaps i'm missing something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I have never had any of those issues when running the camber (crash) bolts. Did you do an alignment (reset the toe) after the install?
I would also make sure that both the upper and lower strut bolts are still tight. You might want to mark the upper camber/crash bolt with whiteout to see if it is moving while you're driving.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92coupe View Post
I have never had any of those issues when running the camber (crash) bolts. Did you do an alignment (reset the toe) after the install?
I would also make sure that both the upper and lower strut bolts are still tight. You might want to mark the upper camber/crash bolt with whiteout to see if it is moving while you're driving.
Of course yes I always check/reset the toe from an camber change. I torqued all bolts and marked the camber bolt with paint as well. I didn't see any movement. I abandoned these bolts after i couldn't figure out why this was happening. However i will try them again. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience. At least I know of one person now whose gotten them to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement