Willow Springs OT Event March 26-27 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Willow Springs OT Event March 26-27

Is anyone going to the Willow Springs open track event March 26 and 27th
I am going to head up for Saturday. It would be good to some other Mustangs out there. It is going to be on the big track.
The event is with West Coast Racing. They are a good safe group and a lot of fun. They have free instructors that will ride with you and help you pick up speed.
Last I checked there were some spots open. They have a web site www.westcoastracinginc.com
Or you can e-mail Jim Saxton at [email protected]
Hope to see some other mustangs out there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
sounds like a great even i am going to see if i can make it out

89 Supercharged Coupe
350RWHP on stock bottom end
post #3 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Cool There will be several other Mustangs there as well. Any car is welcome though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 AM

Is anyone taking their Fox Body up there? If so, would anyone mind taking me around for a lap or two?
Only reason I ask, now that I'm knee deep in converting my '92 SSP Coupe away from its current drag setup and into a corner-friendly combo I'm having second thoughts. I want a fun street car that I can take to HPDE events a few times a year...but people around me insist I should sell it and buy an E36 M3 or even a Civic.
Currently I have (not installed yet) a MM coilover kit with Koni yellows, MM TA, PHB and LCAs. Still saving for a 5-lug setup, rear dif and front suspension pieces (K-member, steering components etc.).
I've always wanted a Fox Body that handles, but to be honest, have never even ridden in one...I would like to stick with my Fox even though all my buddies have M3s, Civics, etc.
I'm not trying to be a front runner, I just want a fun, affordable and capable car.

Long winded post, sorry, just wanted to see if I could ride shotgun in a Fox that's setup for the track. Figured it would give me a better idea of where I'm headed.

Thanks all
-Justin
post #5 of 5 Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

There are usually some fox bodies up there, however, I am not sure if they are letting passengers ride.(depends in there ins) There is a time where passengers can ride, but it is not full speed.
You can get rides with instructors at speed. Not sure if any instructors will be in mustangs. In the past one of them brought a pretty nice M3
I was planning on taking my fox but if I cant get it ready it ready in time, I will take my Subaru.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement