a-arm question - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (24)
a-arm question

This is a question born out of desperation, so please have a little mercy on me.

How badly would I be shooting myself in the foot if I tried to use maximum motorsports standard offset a-arms for a fox, on an sn-95 mustang? My only other option being the stock a-arms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I think you mean shooting yourself in the feet as in both...

The fox arms are 1.33" shorter per side so your track width and alignment will be messed up. I doupt even with camber plates you'd be able to get reasonable camber numbers back.

Toys - gota have'm.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike Schneider

1982 Mustang GT - 408w and other super zoomy stuff...
Tracks driven: Mid-Ohio, Grattan, Putnam Park, Gingerman, Autobahn Country Club, Waterford Hills, Ford Proving Grounds, and Bondurant.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Not worth it for the reasons Toys mentions. Stick with stock SN95 arms until you can get some real SN95 aftermarket ones. Fox arms are junk for your application.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (24)
Hey Guys thanks for chiming in, I appreciate the knowledge dump.

But, I've decided I'm gonna use them anyway, because, just think about it for a minute, the MM arms are TUBULAR, that means less air resistance during vertical travel, and they are way lighter that will mean lower moment of inertia and the combination will allow increased transitional velocities.

And also I am totally ####ing with you guys, I would never discount the advice of people who have more experience than me. I would almost bet MFE has a vein throbbing in his forehead as he reads this. "Just think about it for a minute." That was for you man (please don't kill me).

Ok provided I am still around, I have another question, is it possible/worth it to box in the stock a-arms while they are still on the car?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 08:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
...for a second there I thought maybe a drag racer had taken a wrong turn into the road race forum!

I wouldn't bother, the extra weight and air resistance of the boxing will negate it's benefits.

Toys - gota have'm.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike Schneider

1982 Mustang GT - 408w and other super zoomy stuff...
Tracks driven: Mid-Ohio, Grattan, Putnam Park, Gingerman, Autobahn Country Club, Waterford Hills, Ford Proving Grounds, and Bondurant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement