mix griggs with maximum motorsports parts - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-03-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
mix griggs with maximum motorsports parts

i have searched but really havent found anything. i currently have a 90 mustang with a griggs complete front coil over and all. i am ready to do the rear and really like the maximum stuff but just wondering if they are compatible or if anyone has done it. thanks. one more thing who is the best griggs dealer for pricing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
not 100% shure but i think that they have different therys on roll center,at least thats what i was told.

that being said i have a griggs severe duty torque arm for sale

88 lx hatch,ported track heat heads,f-cam,ported stealth intake,150 shot,6al,holley carb,3:55 gears,x-pipe,flowmaster catback,aje kmember,mm control arms,c.c.plates,torque arm,panhard,full subframes,tko trans,tri-ax shifter,ceramic shortys,sumped tank,tru-trac diff,lots of other crap i cant remember
post #3 of 9 Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Stick with Griggs, get the Watts link. Chicane23.com for the best deals.

Ryan

Must keep making progress
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox3streetracer View Post
not 100% shure but i think that they have different therys on roll center,at least thats what i was told.
The biggest difference between Griggs and Maximum Motorsports front suspension is that anti-dive built into the geometry. MM uses the factory Geometry where Griggs uses more anti-dive.

IMHO, mixing vendors isn't a big deal if you know what you're doing. If not, it's best to stick with a design that's already had the bugs worked out. My setup is a hodge-podge of various manufacturers (Griggs, MM, and custom, for the most part,) but I know how each part interacts (or doesn't interact,) with everything else and can make educated decisions on which parts to use.

-- Robert King
NASA AI #42, Texas
Instructor, NASA Texas Region
Instructor, TWS Perf. Driving School
post #5 of 9 Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM

Garage
has anyone tried mixing MM ang griggs SFC's? I currently have the MM xl sfc's and was thinking of adding the griggs Standard Upper Subframe Connectors and Bulkhead Stiffeners...has anyone tried this with their fox?
post #6 of 9 Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I'm not an expert but in my limited experience, it seems that if you're talking about one manufacturer for the front and the other for the rear, it would be ok. As long as the spring rates and dampers are all designed together and the TA is the same, or very close in length. If it's a panhard from MM or the watts from Griggs - both are methods to locate the rear axle with as little bind as possible. Am I wrong here?

93 Coupe w/2012 Boss 302 Swap, Maximum Motorsports, Forgeline, Magnum.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
93coupe com

68 Coupe w/rust
01 Cobra w/wife
post #7 of 9 Old 02-09-2011, 09:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
I have the Griggs front suspension (K-member & A-arms) and MM rear suspension (TA & PHB). When I bought everything MM hadn't released their front suspension. I honestly don't remember why I did the MM rear instead of Griggs. Anyway, I've only had the car on track a couple of times, and I have nothing to compare to (have never ridden in an all-Griggs or all-MM car), but I was very happy with the handling. Even my instructor (a Spec Miata racer) was impressed.

As for the Griggs upper SFC with MM lower SFC, I don't think there would be any problem doing that. The upper SFCs weld into the frame rails from the top, so I wouldn't think it would matter much what brand of lower SFCs was welded to the bottom of the frame rails.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #8 of 9 Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
I have the Griggs front suspension (K-member & A-arms) and MM rear suspension (TA & PHB). When I bought everything MM hadn't released their front suspension. I honestly don't remember why I did the MM rear instead of Griggs. Anyway, I've only had the car on track a couple of times, and I have nothing to compare to (have never ridden in an all-Griggs or all-MM car), but I was very happy with the handling. Even my instructor (a Spec Miata racer) was impressed.
Probably because Miata drivers all assume Mustangs are understeering pigs (which is correct 90% of the time.)

Quote:
As for the Griggs upper SFC with MM lower SFC, I don't think there would be any problem doing that. The upper SFCs weld into the frame rails from the top, so I wouldn't think it would matter much what brand of lower SFCs was welded to the bottom of the frame rails.
My custom-fabbed upper SFCs lige nicely with my DMP lowers -- no problems at all.

As far as mixing vendors front to rear, the only interactions I can think of between the front and rear are roll-axis inclination (which can be adjusted to some extent,) and front versus rear anti-dive.

-- Robert King
NASA AI #42, Texas
Instructor, NASA Texas Region
Instructor, TWS Perf. Driving School
post #9 of 9 Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

finally heard from maximum

mr. hindley responded to my email i sent a few weeks ago about this and he asked for more specifics about the front end so i take it he doesnt think its a problem. i am still waiting for his final response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement