Ford Mustang Forums banner

brake pad.

592 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ccgt03 
#1 ·
Does any one know the brake pad part # for the Griggs front brake system? The only info I found on their website was "universal shape sizes". Also searched here to no avail.

#2 ·
http://www.griggsracing.com/article_info.php?articles_id=14

All Griggs brake systems use one of three pads, universal shape designation of 100,101, and 102.
I was trying to be helpful, but I don't know wtf that means either. I looked on the Hawk Performance site and opened their entire part listing page. Their numbers started at HB103. :shrug:

It looks like a call to Griggs is in order.

#4 ·
Welcome to the wonderful world of FMSI numbers!

FMSI stands for the Friction Materials Standards Institute. They maintain a standard database of brake pad physical designs or shapes. Every brake pad sold matches one of these designs. You can think of a pad's FMSI number as a generic part number for brake pads.

If you know the FMSI number for a brake caliper, you can (in theory,) tell a pad manufacturer the number and they can tell you which of their part numbers matches that FMSI number.

The Grigg's (Sierra) calipers use D101, D102, and D103 FMSI numbers.

The PBR Cobra uses a D412 pad in front. Fox mustangs uses D199, D200, and D499 in front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.