How hard to adapt Evo Recaro seats to foxbody? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-23-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
How hard to adapt Evo Recaro seats to foxbody?

If I find a set of factory Recaro's out of an Evo 9, how hard is it to adapt them to a '92 mustang? I'm not interested in having them end up higher than the factory seat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Call Wedge Engineering. They make seat bases for fox mustangs that are 1" lower and 3" back. They also sell the sliders you will need. The seats prolly have the same attachment points as most other Recaro's. You are gonna love having good seats in that thing

Cheers

Devin

EDIT: you'll prolly need a BFH also to dent the floor pan on the DS to accomodate the base, you see what I mean when you try to bolt it down.

post #3 of 8 Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
From what I hear, once you remove all the Evo mounting brackets, the seats have the standard Recaro mounting system and can be easily used with aftermarket Recaro sliders and mounts. I only remember this from when I was looking into this idea myself.

Whether the seat sits you too high, I don't know.

My Cobra Daytonas, use the Recaro seat skeleton, and with the sliders, and wedge engineering "lowered" mounting brackets, I still feel like I'm sitting a tad to high. I have a long torso though, which doesn't help.

For now it's ok, but once I get a roll bar and do the "broom" test, I imagine I'll have to take my car in to some fabricator to help me try and get the seats a little lower...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-25-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Good to know about Wedge, thanks

- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks
post #5 of 8 Old 11-25-2010, 07:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I have the Recaro sliders/brackets for my Recaro SRD's. The brackets/sliders from Recaro made the seat sit up much higher. The brackets had to be adjusted some to lower it. Once it was all in, the fit and quality of the Recaro was awesome! Great lateral support for HPDE days.

1995 GT 302 Vortech S-Trim- MM Suspension
1989 Fox 392 Stroker Ford "R" Block - Full GR40 Griggs Suspension
post #6 of 8 Old 11-26-2010, 10:18 AM

On the first set I ever put in a mustang I welded plates off to the sides of a stock seat track then used these little stainless steel sleeves to space it up or down. I rocked those for awhile, I went with the wedge bases and sliders on my Cobra because I found a set of Flo-Fit sliders for $25 ( they have the same bolt pattern as well ) The Flo-Fit sliders have the adjustment knob on the door side. I'm using VW mkII GLI seats so they might sit lower

1993 Cobra #1282
post #7 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
The recaro's I got out of an evo 8 had universal sliders. I just cut the feet off my stock sliders and welded them to flat plates paralel to the car and bolted them down. Been working awesome for 3 yrs now.

'81 Fox notch, CHP 347, Stealth intake, 2.02 RPM's, Proform 650, F-Cam, ARP hardware, T5, CDF clutch, 9in w/3.25's. 67mm single.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-23-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95CALI-5.0 View Post
I have the Recaro sliders/brackets for my Recaro SRD's. The brackets/sliders from Recaro made the seat sit up much higher. The brackets had to be adjusted some to lower it. Once it was all in, the fit and quality of the Recaro was awesome! Great lateral support for HPDE days.
The recaro sliders i bought had three height holes on them... i installed them at their lowest setting and buzzed off the holes i didnt need (otherwise you wont be able to install them on the tranny tunnel side anyway).

I sit nice and low (or low enough at least) and at 6'7" that is exactly what i needed.

1993 Mustang GT
Maximum Motorsports, Brembo, Recaro, Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement