Thoughts on my pending setup - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Thoughts on my pending setup

Over the past year I have really taken stock into what I want from my car. It's an all motor 4.6. The car itself has all the bolt ons sans a plenum, and udp. I have went back and forth over a cam install and to me it's just not worth it in this car. What I do want is something to make my car feel like a different animal to me. So my search began at looking at suspension. During this same time I made friends with another assholeface Tony Bolton. I have seen the direction his car has taken, and I think it is one of the best 2v cars out there.

With all that being said I have decided on picking up the MM T/A, PHB, LCA Package from MM. Now I know I will need other stuff along with it, and those will come as well when the funds are available over the spring.

What is already on the car is more of a hodgepodge of parts. We will start with what is staying. First off I do have a K member on the car. It will garner some laughs I know, so let us get them all out of our systems.......................and we are done. It is the steeda I pay way too much for a k member............and we are done with laughing part 2. It is staying on the car because I like it and the wife bought it for me. Also have a set of MM C&C plates and sub frames that will be going on as well. Now for what is going. The car currently has OE dampeners on it, and sportline springs. It also has the tires that were on it the day I took it home from the dealer in 01. Here is a pic of how the car sits as of now.

Now onto the meat of this post, which is the other little things. For dampeners I am looking at the MM Sport series Damper Package. Also I am looking at conventional style springs. I really don't want to go coil over. I have reason that I don't, and I am sure you guys have reasons why I should. Your reasons are sure to be by far and away better then mine, but at the end of the day I still want to stay with a coil style spring. I know I will need a T/A rear spring in the back and of course I am going MM for those. The question with this is, do I go with the Street or the Road and track? Now for the fronts I am looking at H&R mainly. According to MM's chart I can do the Race or Super Race. Which would be better for my aplication? Of course I do like the look of a low car, but in the end I am picking whichever is better overall performance.

Tires are my next deal. Tony really likes the NT05 series of tires, and I say why the hell not. My car is rarely street driven, and I do plan on hitting some auto-x in the DFW area next year. The car will see maybe 2000 miles a year.

Overall I have done some research over the past year on here and other sites. I think it is time to finally make a post on my direction and hopefully get some opinions, so I am not out there all willey nilly. I thank you for the time on this post and hopefully replies with some sound advice.

2008 F-150 with a rubber floor mat

Last edited by Satanic Doughnut; 11-15-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
You're on the right track and you will notice a huge difference in the way the car drives with the TA/PHB setup. I would call MM and go with whatever they suggest as far as springs and shock/struts. Just be honest when you tell them what you plan on doing with the car. Have you had a bad experience with coilovers?

post #3 of 4 Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Really not a bad experience with coil overs. Just more comfortable with the regular type of spring. Not saying I will never switch over, but for now not going to.

2008 F-150 with a rubber floor mat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
I would definitely touch base with MM. The Race Springs would probably be good for the front and the matching TA springs out back.

2001 Mustang Bullitt #01992
Sponsored Links
Advertisement