Rack and Pinion Port ??'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)
Question Rack and Pinion Port ??'s

I've just bought a reman ford rack to install on my 82, #F4ZZ-3504-HBRM, the ports are not exactly the same. I'd like to make sure I'm installing the pressure line on the pressure port and not the return. Looking at the top of the rack from the front the ports are configured in a 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. The 12 o'clock position is threaded 16mmX1.5 and the 3 o'clock position is 9\16"X18, the other 2 are tubed to the rack so they don't matter. I'm going to install 6an conversion fittings with stainless flex hose. The reason I chose this rack is because I'm also installing a hydroboost brake booster from a 2000 GT. All info and comments good or bad would be helpful, Thanks East

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Head over to the max motorsports site, download the instructions for the AN rack fittings... it described what port goes where...

post #3 of 3 Old 09-18-2010, 07:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
None of the ports on that steering rack are metric. If you install a metric fitting, you will ruin the casting.

Jack Hidley
Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement