Autocrossed the mustang a couple weekends ago.. spun.. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Autocrossed the mustang a couple weekends ago.. spun..

A couple videos from this weekend. Placed 15 overall out of 48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q0oHvvMRv4 (same video as above but youtube quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_Ydb8iCe4#normal

Any comments, suggestions, etc?

See rankings here (I beat some bmw's, some corvettes, some camaros). In fact only 1 american car beat me (a focus on slicks), the rest were miatas, civics and rx7's.
http://clemsonscc.com/staticpages/in...90927205959860

1996 GT
PI swap / Eibach Pro-kit / Tokico Blue's / Short throw / Flows

Last edited by Uncle Humjaba; 10-08-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 08:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Humjaba View Post
Any comments, suggestions, etc?
Keep doin' what you're doin, but give grandma back her steering wheel cover.

post #3 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
what a tight course.... seems like you never got to really open it up...

seems like it was set up by someone with a miata or an AWD subaru or something.

looks like you did well for what you had... Good job landing in the top half of the day.

MY LUGNUTS REQUIRE MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
looks like my drive to 7/11
post #5 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 03:17 AM

Tight course indeed, but I think alot of regions(like ours) is running out of large non-concrete island inhabited lots.
post #6 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
That's it...I'm not wasting another moment of my life trying to watch a video hosted at Vimeo. What a goat####.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
That's it...I'm not wasting another moment of my life trying to watch a video hosted at Vimeo. What a goat####.
???

I'm having no problems. I actually had to host my in-car vids at Vimeo because YouTube reduced the quality so much you couldn't hardly tell what was going on.

Got Vic?
ESP Build Thread: corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=916068
post #8 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
No matter what computer I watch them on, no matter whose video it is, no matter whether I let them fully load and buffer before hitting play or not, I get what amounts to a series of still shots and halting, gap-filled audio that's impossible to string together as "video". Total ####. And I'm on a DSL line so that's not the problem.

There's always Streetfire.
post #9 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 02:20 PM

I've never had a problem watching clips on vimeo. To me, they've always looked as good as the source they were uploaded from.

Like 2k2gt was saying, keep doing what you're doing. You're remembering your previous mistakes and not repeating them so you've got a clue what your doing wrong and improving.

Looks like your car is showing understeer at the limit so I suggest making some changes to lessen that tendency.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
No matter what computer I watch them on, no matter whose video it is, no matter whether I let them fully load and buffer before hitting play or not, I get what amounts to a series of still shots and halting, gap-filled audio that's impossible to string together as "video". Total ####. And I'm on a DSL line so that's not the problem.

There's always Streetfire.
Same for me....

Steve Rife
post #11 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

I use vimeo mainly because the quality is so good. Ive never had problems watching anything on it, but it's on youtube as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q0oHvvMRv4

Yes the course was set up by a guy who drives a miata, but believe it or not this course was actually a lot better for my car than previous ones
My first autox ever was with these guys on a ridiculously tight course:

I have also noticed the prodigious under steer (especially after driving a miata all summer). What can be done to abate this? I have better tires going on (from bald kumho ecsta spt tires to hankook ventus rs-2) this week but other than that I dont really know where to start. I hear adding a stiffer swaybar in the back may help a bit?

1996 GT
post #12 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
I'm with MFE on this one. I always have trouble with vids hosted there as well

2001 Mustang Bullitt #01992
post #13 of 17 Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I use vimeo mainly because the quality is so good.

Yes the course was set up by a guy who drives a miata, but believe it or not this course was actually a lot better for my car than previous ones
My first autox ever was with these guys on a ridiculously tight course:

OH.MY.GOD. That course is PAINFUL to look at much less try and drive. Autox is supposed to be fun and that course is the polar opposite of fun.

Quote:

I have also noticed the prodigious under steer (especially after driving a miata all summer). What can be done to abate this? I have better tires going on (from bald kumho ecsta spt tires to hankook ventus rs-2) this week but other than that I dont really know where to start. I hear adding a stiffer swaybar in the back may help a bit?

I have an account on vimeo but don't have anything uploaded and had an account on streetfire but deleted it since I decided my driving videos aren't anything special and thus not worth sharing.

La la la. Anyway...

What is the setup of your car right now: alignment settings, springs/bars, etc?

*edit*
One thing that just occurred to me while standing at the sink doing my dishes was; heat-cycled out tires will exaggerate the understeer-oversteer characteristics of your car so before you think about big changes, get the new tires on the car first.

Last edited by Moving Target; 10-09-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: reformating and such
post #14 of 17 Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 PM

i had problems with the vimeo video till i turned off the HD feature then it worked fine. Maybe thats your issue.
post #15 of 17 Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Looks like you did good for the course.

I don't like super tight courses but it looks like they did the best they could with the space. Pretty confined area they had to work with so you wouldn't want speeds to get to high.

Only problem I've had with Vimeo is the load time but the video quality has always been good for me. I've noticed a big improvement in the output quality at You Tube in the last few months. They also have a HD button if you want better and have the conection to support it.

The OP's video looks good on You Tube. What camera did you use?

99 Mustang GT - Auto-x/track car, 96 Townsend Chassis Late Model Stockcar (sold), 03 F150 - Daily Driver
http://www.youtube.com/user/sandyman099/videos
post #16 of 17 Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I just got my new tires put on today. 245/45/17 hankook ventus rs-2 ($70 ea. at tire rack ) I have another autox coming up on november 1 so I'll see how that goes.

I really wish we had a bigger space but meh, there's not much I can do. Might do a track day at VIR sometime, that'd be fun.

I'm using a Flip MinoHD camera. It's about the size of a cell phone- I like it alot. I have no idea what the alignment settings are (just whatever the alignment place put them at) and they're stock eibach pro kit springs.

1996 GT

Last edited by Uncle Humjaba; 10-15-2009 at 01:01 PM.
post #17 of 17 Old 10-15-2009, 01:39 PM

Nice job, a little body roll. how do you like the hankooks so far? They look like a good deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement