MM Rollbar? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (14)
MM Rollbar?

I picked up a MM 6 point rollbar with removable harness bar locally for a song. Can't decided if I want to install it now. My mustang is mainly street driven and I see the non-movable door tube being a pain. What is your take on the door tube? Will I need to limber up before getting in every time I want to take a spin?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I honestly don't see how people justify that door bar. I recently put in a set of non-reclining race seats(Corbeau Forza's), and getting in and out is a PAIN IN THE NECK/BACK/ASS. Once you're in you're as comfy as my old reclining seats but that in/out sucks ass.

I can only imagine a non-removeable door bar being there.....YIKES. As usual, it all comes down to tollerance level. I can live with HP+ brake pads squealing while others cannot(on their street car)....just personal preference.

post #3 of 4 Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
My car came with an 8 point bar with door tubes already installed, I am used to getting in around it and it's not that bad, but the car, for as long as I've owned it, has been a second car that sees very few street miles.

I would not recommend non-removable door tubes to anyone daily driving a car, especially if you have a wife or girlfriend (or want one) 'cause there's very few of them who will deal with that more than a couple times a month.

Add to that, the fact that getting in and out is aided alot by opening the door fully and it's very difficult to do in a crowded parking lot where some idiot in a Lexus RX can't park straight or within their lines. Now you gotta try to hold the door from fully opening while stepping out over the bar....it's not fun and it becomes tedious.

Last edited by MJ91GT; 07-06-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Depends a lot on how big you are, also.

I'm 6'3", and the few cars I've done it on, its definitely a pain in the ass.

Weekend warrior/nice weather cruiser? Sure. Daiy driver? Might have to think about it!

1989 GT- Prowler Orange Pearl
Engine:
331, AFR 185, FTI cam, 90mm LMAF/30 lb, TFS-R intake, BBK LT's, X-pipe, Spintech mufflers
Suspension:MM: TA, PHB, Rear LCA's, C/C Plates, H&R Race Springs, Bilstein HD's, SFC's, Moser 28 splines, 3.73's, Cobra brakes,10th Anniv. Cobra wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement