Saggy rear after H&R Race Spring install - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-24-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Saggy rear after H&R Race Spring install

I figure this is the best place for this. I have an 84 SVO, suspension modifications listed below:

Front:
'96 LCA
'95 Spindle/hub/brakes
EBC Greenstuff
H&R Race Springs
Energy Suspension poly isolators
Steeda X2 Ball joints, not using the spring spacers
MM Caster Chamber Plates
Koni Yellow SA
MM Bumpsteer kit
Turbocoupe sway bar

Rear:
TurboCoupe 8.8 w/3.55
SVO axles and brakes
square aftermarket control arms with poly bushings
new rubber bushings in differential housing
H&R Race Springs
Energy Suspension poly isolators
Koni Yello SA
Turbocoupe sway bar

I just installed the springs last night and the rear is sitting about 1" lower than the front. I want to level the car out but I like the height in the front, not too low and my 235/45/17s fit nicely. I realize I have a plethora of different parts but I didn't expect such a height difference, especially since the rear of the car is factory weight and if anything I've added weight to the front in the engine compartment.

I know MM makes some height adjustable rear LCA but I don't want to drop ~$400 on them at this time. Has anyone experienced this before with H&R Race Springs? What's the most cost effective solution that won't compromise my setup?

1993 GT Convertible - All Stock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-24-2009, 01:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Maybe stack another isolator on top of the ones in back? Back when I mixed spring sets I had something like this happen and just for a quick fix, I tossed in some extra isolators I had. It worked, but wouldn't call it a "fix".

post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Did you order springs for the weight of your car? I'd guess that the turbo04 weighs less than a V8(if you still have the stock engine).

I think V8 springs on a 4cyl car would jack up the front end like that.

Just a guess!

1989 GT- Prowler Orange Pearl
Engine:
331, AFR 185, FTI cam, 90mm LMAF/30 lb, TFS-R intake, BBK LT's, X-pipe, Spintech mufflers
Suspension:MM: TA, PHB, Rear LCA's, C/C Plates, H&R Race Springs, Bilstein HD's, SFC's, Moser 28 splines, 3.73's, Cobra brakes,10th Anniv. Cobra wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Funny you mention that...

My 94Gt sat higher in the front with the H&R RACE. I had to trim a fraction of a coil to get it to even out.

Stangless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement