Guys with Griggs rear setup, i have some Qs - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
Guys with Griggs rear setup, i have some Qs

hey guys...

im gonna be purchasing a Griggs Racing panhard bar and torque arm pretty soon....i currently have Griggs racing LCAs, GMS Double adjustable UCAs, Steeda Full lenght subs, Steeda CC plates, Steeda bump steer, tokico shocks and struts, FRPP C springs...(im gonna be switching the tokicos and C springs for something better......swaping for probably some coil overs)

now 1st question is-----how do you guys think it will perform? im looking for something that will handle twisties and will hold its own on the drag strip several times a year....it doesent need to pull 1.2s or 1.0s on the strip, just to be able to hook....AND be able to be a daily driver with nice comforts..will my current setup with panhard bar and tq arm be enough for my needs or what else would i need to complete the setup?

now 2nd question....i currently have a borla catback...did you guys have to redo your exhaust with the griggs panhard bar? did you guys have to run turndowns? what did you do with the exhaust?

one more question.....when is a severe duty tq arm needed? what is the rating of a standard tq arm and what is the rating on the severe duty tq arm?

thanks guys...i really appreciated it

95 GT SPEED
ON3 70MM SINGLE TURBO, TFS TRACK HEATS, TFS 1.6RR, EDELBROCK RPM INTAKE, FPS CUSTOM CAM,BORLA CATBACK, ETC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 11:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I already had turn downs so I didn't have to worry about the exhaust. Can't help you there.

It rides fine, even with stiff springs, 500#F/350#R at one time, 850#F/300#R now (SLA front end)

It will hook with decent tires on the rear....1.5 60', first and only trip to the drag strip with the big'n littles and only three passes.(30*-40* temps out side also).

I daily drive mine if the weather is nice, take it on trips, take it to The Dragon on occasion, drag race it, whatever I feel like doing. It does decent at all of them.

I got the severe duty TA, I knew my power levels would increase over time and I like to drag race every now and then, I wasn't taking any chances.

If you go to coilovers, get a shock that can handle it. Some can't support the weight of the car. Konis or Bilsteins are usually recommended.

GriggsRacing-KenneBell-ModularPowerHouse
post #3 of 10 Old 05-31-2009, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your input....i got the answer i wanted! im not sure if im going coilovers..i might stick with my frpp springs and get some bilsteins....im gonna be getting the sever duty as well that way the car will be prepared for more power in the future....hey ken03gt, can you post your suspension mod list? i wanna see exactly what you have thanks

95 GT SPEED
ON3 70MM SINGLE TURBO, TFS TRACK HEATS, TFS 1.6RR, EDELBROCK RPM INTAKE, FPS CUSTOM CAM,BORLA CATBACK, ETC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-31-2009, 03:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
If you're adding a torque arm, you'll need to ditch those C springs and get something that that's an actual performance spring. With conventional springs, I ran H&R Race up front and H&R Torque arm (390-430 lb/in) in the rear.

fowler86gt has the GR40 on his car. He still has tail pipes and daily drives that car. I believe it has 350lb springs up front, and 250 in the rear (coilovers). Koni yellows (single adjustable?) He has a race oriented shock in the back. I think he got them right off Ryan Flaherty's AI car. Full stiff on the struts, full soft on the shocks.

1993 GT 310rwhp / 351rwtq
AFR FTI EDEL Combo. MM, T-56 3.73, Brembo, 275s on 03 Cobras all around
post #5 of 10 Old 05-31-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks stangermatt! I will ditch the C springs...how are you guys liking your H&R springs? And wich ones will work optimal with my said combo with some bilsteins

95 GT SPEED
post #6 of 10 Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96darkhorse View Post
thanks for your input....i got the answer i wanted! im not sure if im going coilovers..i might stick with my frpp springs and get some bilsteins....im gonna be getting the sever duty as well that way the car will be prepared for more power in the future....hey ken03gt, can you post your suspension mod list? i wanna see exactly what you have thanks
Just go to their website and look around. I got one of everything...lol

Not rich, just stupid. I think they play that music with subliminal messages in it that get's me to buy something every time I call them

Griggs Upper SFC's (already had Steeda's lower SFC's)
Griggs Kmember and heavy duty Aarms
Griggs SLA conversion
Griggs Heavy duty TA
Griggs PHB
Griggs Coilovers all around 850#front/300#rear springs
Griggs Rear LCA's about to be replaced with their World Challenge version in chromoly
Griggs Adjustable front sway bar, medium
Koni SA shocks F/R

There is a thread in this section with pictures of the front SLA set up. I didn't make it though so I'm not sure where it is. Search my posts and you should find it.

post #7 of 10 Old 05-31-2009, 11:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Ken,

How do the Koni SA's handle the 850# front coilovers? That seems like a lot of spring. I don't know anybody who runs stiffer than 450# front coilover for serious autox/roadrace. Just curious, as I'm thinking about purchasing a front coilover kit (probably MM) and new shocks (MM race valved Bilsteins).

Chris Boyd
#7 ESP
'00 GT - Now with Tri-link!
post #8 of 10 Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2kgt View Post
Ken,

How do the Koni SA's handle the 850# front coilovers? That seems like a lot of spring. I don't know anybody who runs stiffer than 450# front coilover for serious autox/roadrace. Just curious, as I'm thinking about purchasing a front coilover kit (probably MM) and new shocks (MM race valved Bilsteins).
Griggs uses a modified Koni 30 series shock that is SA for the SLA, and works fine on my car. Different than a KONI SA strut.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys would a steeda sport spring be a good replacement fo my C springs? Would they be a good fit fo some bilsteins and said griggs parts?

95 GT SPEED
post #10 of 10 Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griggsp512 View Post
Griggs uses a modified Koni 30 series shock that is SA for the SLA, and works fine on my car. Different than a KONI SA strut.

What ^^^he^^^ said I guess

I seriously had no answer...lol

They know what all i have on my car though and I'm sure they wouldn't sell me something that wouldn't work together.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement