Mustang Club Event @ Nashville Speedway - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-23-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mustang Club Event @ Nashville Speedway

Overall, a great day to be sawing at the wheel of your car. This is was my first major outing with the tube-front end/whole suspension rework.

The car turns and turns in far better than stock stuff and the NT05's held up real well, even with my overdriving towards my last session. I was just searching for threshold points.

I'll try to have some video up. I took some in-car but I have an old cam-corder that uses tape not a disk/card. I know, I suck at life.

MFE, I had a "you" moment out there today. Buddy of mine in the orange Viper tailed me like your friend did so I could get some "sway/lean" footage. He says the car looked FLAT, alot more than it used to. We'll see....he's got the video of that(from in his car).

My final session I did manage to boil the brake fluid....first time thats ever happened. I attribute it to the cars pigish weight. Cobra blank rotors(new today), 1/2 worn HP+ pads, 2 1/2" cooling ducts and Ford Super Duty fluid.

I went into a chicane on the back stretch after getting a point by and went to haul the car down and the pedal went to the floor. This wasn't too long after the about ten 130 to 30mph braking zones. I managed to pump the pedal and get the car under control. I proceeded immediately to the pit area and called it a day. No need to test my luck with that out on track. It really pushed some fluid outta the reservoir, but after packing the car up and getting ready to leave it receded and I had brakes again.

I plan to try some MOTUL 600 next outting and possibly some HAWK Blues or Blacks....since my old HP+'s seem to be getting the dreaded glaze.

The below are just all the shots I took that day tooling around...enjoy.

Last edited by 2k2GT; 05-23-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-23-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 14 Old 05-24-2009, 11:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
I tried to get my "Honey Do" list done so I could make this event...but I ran out of time. That is a fun event!!! My brother does a similar event in the fall with the Phil Wicks Driving experience. I hope to make it this year.

Barry

90 LX Triple Black Vert, 306, B303, Cobra 1.7 Roller Rockers, GT40 ported iron heads, Cobra intake, shorties, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L, 24lb injectors, Cobra front brakes, Lincoln rear discs, 3.55 gear, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, Bilsteins and coilovers, Flowmaster Thunderseries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Video???

Did I miss the video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT View Post
Overall, a great day to be sawing at the wheel of your car. This is was my first major outing with the tube-front end/whole suspension rework.

IMG]
post #5 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J.Jeff View Post
Did I miss the video?
No...I suck and have old camera equipment. I gotta find a way to get "tape" on the computer....cheaply. Still waiting on my buddy in the Viper to upload his.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 AM

AI cars

Good deal on the video, I knew 2 guys that brought their AI cars to Nashville for test and tune... I don't know what run group they were in, and wanted to see if they were on track with your group...
I talked to one of them this morning and they are prepping their cars for Barber next week, and Road Atlanta in 3 weeks.
I hope to have the engine in my car by then and Being there in TT to shake down the MM K member A arms and coilovers.....

Thanks in advance

TJ
post #7 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

I only saw that red SN95 AI car and some famous guy(Stan?)in that black/white Viper with Kumho all over it.

Those were the only "race cars" i saw there besides the old school Mustangs.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM

The cars above were camped in the RV section of the area, and that is were they pitted...

The picture below is of my SN-95 and The other fox. the picture below was from last year or the year before.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

I did see a couple white fox bodies with cages, but I can't recall numbers on them. Danny Dales was in his blue(or maybe it was white? I suck...)Fox body, but I think he was also a corner worker wrangler.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-26-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Apparently the sound of Dodge Viper is copyrighted or YOUTUBE doesn't like it. Hmmmm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVMw0QbWQpE

post #11 of 14 Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Some badass looking cars there. The car looks good & flat. I'll have an update on mine soon when I gather some pics, but I got it flattened out considerably with the stiffer front springs, and with much less tire punishment, but with virtually no change in lap times.
post #12 of 14 Old 05-26-2009, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
... but I got it flattened out considerably with the stiffer front springs, and with much less tire punishment, but with virtually no change in lap times.
Well thats good to hear, but sounds confusing on the lap time reduction. Hmmmm.

Maybe driving adaptation to the new springs? I certainly feel I could drive my car more on the edge with the old/stock K-member setup mainly because i'm just not that confident in the new found grip of the front end.

Normally I would go out there and just put it down 9 or 9.5/10th's, but now I feel each lap or session I push myself a little further in the braking, a little further in the gas, searching for the limit.

I guess thats a good thing, hopefully it won't last long. I already feel after Saturday that i've gotten alot better feel of the car now that i've ran a high speed event.

I figure if I can pass and leave a SC'd Lotus on Toyo R888's with a decent driver on a road course, i'm coooo' with that.

Last edited by 2k2GT; 05-26-2009 at 04:00 PM.
post #13 of 14 Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Part of it is, I'm not using a lap timer, so I'm beholden to what I can observe off my video camera. I switched to a different camera for this last event, and was so pissed at the resulting video I haven't bothered to process any of it. But watching what I think were the faster laps of a faster session, I was about the same times as before, maybe half second faster peak, but not consistently.
post #14 of 14 Old 05-26-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
Part of it is, I'm not using a lap timer, so I'm beholden to what I can observe off my video camera. I switched to a different camera for this last event, and was so pissed at the resulting video I haven't bothered to process any of it. But watching what I think were the faster laps of a faster session, I was about the same times as before, maybe half second faster peak, but not consistently.
Consistency....that's certainly my issue as well. It's frustrating but I just keep telling myself I had 4 or so years to learn the stock car, i've given myself 4 or so MONTHS to learn what I dumped money on. Ehhh, i'll figure it out sooner or later, no biggie nobody is payin' me to do this.

Thanks for the brake pad/fluid recomendations. Mike @ Carbotech sent me an email(sent one before I talked to you)and said that the XP10's in front and 8's in back would be the ideal setup for my cars weight/tire/speed.

Thats nearly 350$ in "wear items", so I may hafta hold off on that and even still just go with a front only set. I'll get the fluid thing taken care of as i've already ordered some speed bleeders and some MOTUL600. I'll switch all that out a week or so before my next track event.

Watching the video again.... At the end, you see the Viper get up on me in the straights, then you see me zip away.... I was giving him the point by so I could tail him for a few laps, but he said wasn't about to take a "mercy pass"

Last edited by 2k2GT; 05-26-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement