SS Caliper Sleeves - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-19-2009, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
SS Caliper Sleeves

I was wondering if any of you Guys are running the SS Sleeves and if you are, do they cause any rattling ? Mine do this going over Bumps with the Stock Rubber and Straws and if I'm going to change them out , I might as well Up-Grade them as well. I have the SVO Calipers.

As a side note, MM & Steeda sell SS Sleeves....and The Bimmer Guys are all running Bronze. I would think the Bronze would be less likely to Gaul. Any thoughts? As a Machinist by Trade, I could make my own, But I'm not sure what the Clearance of the Caliper Pin to the Sleeve Bore should be. Anyone know ?

Thanks,
Scott

84 GT, 5.0l, 5spd, SFC'S,LCB, 5300C Springs, Koni Reds, MMCC Plates, Cobra MC, Turbo Coupe Rear Disc&North Racer Brackets, 5 Lug with Tri-Stars, Alum DS, K&N, 86-93 exhaust/Dyno-Max Cat Back & Holley Street Avenger 570....Auto-X'er
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Mine never rattled when I had them.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
x2 - I've run two sets of Steeda and one MM on my three stock Fox brake interations. None rattled. However, I found that the installation might deform the tube slightly and cause binding (the MM method of using a bolt to pull them in seemed the least likely to cause this deformation). I also found that antisieze on those guide pins is your friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thanks Guy's.
Does anyone have a set not installed ? I would love to machine my own but I'm not sure of Caliper Pin/ Bushing Bore clearance.

Scott

84 GT, 5.0l, 5spd, SFC'S,LCB, 5300C Springs, Koni Reds, MMCC Plates, Cobra MC, Turbo Coupe Rear Disc&North Racer Brackets, 5 Lug with Tri-Stars, Alum DS, K&N, 86-93 exhaust/Dyno-Max Cat Back & Holley Street Avenger 570....Auto-X'er
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement