Fun video from Thunderhill NASA TT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
Fun video from Thunderhill NASA TT

Camera car is a S2000, car in the middle is pro driver Brian Locke, and me in the front. I know it looks like I'm being the dick and holding this guy up but when I let him by I would catch him in the straights and have to slow down. My best time that weekend 2:00.9, his 2:01.2.

This was my last event on soft springs hopefully the body roll and understeer goes away.

NASA AIX Outlaw West Coast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Nice David vs. Goliath thing there. The s2k driver wasn't having an easy time of catching you considering how easily you could walk him on the straights.

I didn't notice that much roll from the posted vid, is it quite noticable from in your car?

post #3 of 4 Old 05-18-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
It is noticeable inside the car. It's also very apparent in the pictures the photographers take from track side.

The understeer is highlighted here, 40 seconds into the video. The front end just pushes right off the track.

NASA AIX Outlaw West Coast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Understeer or not, looks like you were having a lot of fun! Look forwards to attending a driving school there in the, hopefully, near future.

Haven't been able to properly drive on THill yet... just some ~60mph "parade" laps in my old M3. Was quite useful though as my friend (who has raced & instructed there) was able to give me a lot more information about the track vs. what he could do at speed. Have been passenger in a Spec Miata, Lotus Exige, race prepped Corvette C5, Porsche GT3 Cup Car and a Lamborghini Murcielago. Was supposed to get a ride in a Maseratti Cup Car as well, but it didn't work out. (was very bummed about that)

'98 BMW 540i 6spd sport (daily driver), '96 Triumph Trophy 900, '94 Cobra, '91 BMW 325ix & 318is, '88 Mustang SSP (need to sell someday), '66 F100.

Project - '94 Cobra + 331 now running & driving; still need to get everything working smoothly & fix some kinks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement