Ford Mustang Forums banner

I Installed Hydroboost in my fox: now question brake lines

12K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  d90212 
#1 ·
I installed a hydroboost unit from a 2002 GT into my fox. I already mounted the unit to my car so I dont need any help with that part of the conversion.

Now I need to hook up the brake lines and the fox has 3 lines coming out of the master and the 02 only has two.

What's the remedy for this situation?

#3 ·
Can you be more specific? I could not find anything about hydroboost swaps in their online catalog. They only had manual brake conversion stuff.

How hard was it to install the hydroboost setup? do you mind posting a few pics of how it looks under the hood?
You have to cut the end of the rod from fox booster. Dot he same with the 99-04 boster and weld the fox end on the 99-04 end.

Bolting the unit up is not bad at all actualy. The center hole has to be trimmed up about 3/8in and the lower passenger side mounting hole has to be redrilled righ below the old hole.

I will add some pics tomorrow.

#4 · (Edited)
one bolt does not align up when mounting...just knock the stud knurl out on the hydroboost...install and drill the new hole...then reinstall the stud on the hydrobost

I did not cut and weld anything...nor trim anything other than drilling the new hole...though this was with a 96 hydroboost setup...has been like that for over 8 years of daily driving.

#5 · (Edited)
one bolt does not align up when mounting...just knock the stud knurl out on the hydroboost...install and drill the new hole...then reinstall the stud on the hydrobost

I did not cut and weld anything...nor trim anything other than drilling the new hole...though this was with a 96 hydroboost setup...has been like that for over 8 years of daily driving.

Yes as I understood it the 99-04 units are different. I had to modify it in a similar way this guy did.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114102.0;all

Looking at your looks like maybe I should have went with a 96-98 unit. Heck looks like even the fluid level sensor has the same plug as a fox unlike mine.

So you bought a t-fitting for your setup? Flared it yourself? I have never flared a line before, was hoping I would never have to lol. And the motor is already in my car too :(

#6 ·
double flare fittings and T fitting can be found at any automotive store..

If this is your first time flaring...be sure to practice on some spare lines before working on your live pieces.....

double flared some fuel lines for the swap as well...notice your fox is a 4 cylinder...which means your fuel lines come from the driver side as the v8s come from the passenger side:
reason i put back the stock lines was that the braided AN lines started to have vapor smells ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.