Motive Power Bleeder - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Motive Power Bleeder

Has anyone used one? Looking for an easier way to bleed the brakes than listening to the wife complain while I ask her to pump the pedal. Looked at this thing online and it seems to be a snap.

'99 SVT Cobra #2085 -- MAC Cat-Back, MAC O/R H, C&L Intake, Steeda UDPs, FRPP 4.10s, B&M Pro Ripper Shifter, UPR Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, Hawk HPS Pads, Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Too Much Suspension Stuff to List, Custom Tuned by Tillman Speed -- 306 whp/301 wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 11:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzDOA View Post
Has anyone used one? Looking for an easier way to bleed the brakes than listening to the wife complain while I ask her to pump the pedal. Looked at this thing online and it seems to be a snap.
Yes and No. Yes, I have the Power Bleeder and have used it on two other cars, but No I have yet to use it on the Mustang.

The universal adapter is a pain to use. If you can get a specific adapter for the car, it is way better. My Subaru actually uses the Ford 3-prong adapter and that looks like it will fit the Fox, though I haven't actually used it. I have to use the universal adapter on my Honda and it is much harder to set up and get a leak free seal.

Other thing is that I have never been able to get much more than 10 psi without leaking, but 10 psi has been more than enough to do a full flush/bleed.

Overall I have been happy with the product.

post #3 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzDOA View Post
That's why I ended up building one out of a garden sprayer and a scrounged-up gauge, but as stated, the universal adapter is Teh Suck. Make sure you order the dedicated adapter for your reservoir cap style, it's 1000 times more effective. It'll hold 15-20 lbs forever and that's plenty enough to get a real solid bleed even on the rear of difficult cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Sounds good, I'll make sure I oder the correct Ford adapter.

'99 SVT Cobra #2085 -- MAC Cat-Back, MAC O/R H, C&L Intake, Steeda UDPs, FRPP 4.10s, B&M Pro Ripper Shifter, UPR Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, Hawk HPS Pads, Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Too Much Suspension Stuff to List, Custom Tuned by Tillman Speed -- 306 whp/301 wtq
post #5 of 14 Old 04-17-2009, 07:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Speed bleeders?

I've used an in-line aquarium one-way valve stuck in my bleeder hose to bleed brakes solo, also.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 PM

I've been using the motive power bleeder for a while now, it works very well. I have the dedicated ford adapter and have no problems with it sealing or holding pressure.

1997 Pacific Green Cobra
100+ HPDE track days
Full MM setup
13.484 / 103.575 / 1.959
post #7 of 14 Old 07-16-2009, 04:23 PM

I think I'm getting one of these for the same reason as the original poster. Which one do I need for my fox? Either the 0106(http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MVP-0106/) or 0107 (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MVP-0107/)?? I only need it now for the fox but might use it on other vehicles in the future.

'06 GT Windveil Blue- MGW Shifter, Bullitt Intake, Bama Tune, 4.10s
'03 Cobra- Torch Red, MagnaFlows, MGW shifter, pulley/tune
'93 LX Notch, Vermillion Red, rear disc, 3.73s, Cobra R58 wheels- well sorted thanks to NastyNotch347
post #8 of 14 Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
The difference is in the adapter for the reservoir. Look at your cap, see if it has 2 tabs or 3, and call Motive, they'll steer you in the right direction. The universal cap blows goats, as stated. It's worth getting dedicated adapters for whatever kind of car you think you'll use it on.
post #9 of 14 Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I have one and use the stock universal without any problems, worked like a champ. I was going to build my own, but the motive one cost less. Plus I able to pick it up local at racers warehouse.
post #10 of 14 Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Use it frequently on the Mach and I love it. 1 man band with bleeding brakes.

Mach 1 + procharger + driver = baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
post #11 of 14 Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 AM

I just got mine and love it. I pumped it up to 15 psi and my only issue was it leaked a bit of fluid where you connect the hose from the tank to the hose from the master cylinder cap. Anyone else have this problem? It still kept the pressure so it wasn't a bit deal but some fluid got on my intake manifold. Should I really crank that connection down or use a gasket of some kind?

Put some new calipers on my front brakes and was able to bleed the whole system except for the driver rear where the bleeder broke off. On my test drive the brakes work much better but I can hear a woooosh sound when I use them so I have more work to do...

'06 GT Windveil Blue- MGW Shifter, Bullitt Intake, Bama Tune, 4.10s
'03 Cobra- Torch Red, MagnaFlows, MGW shifter, pulley/tune
'93 LX Notch, Vermillion Red, rear disc, 3.73s, Cobra R58 wheels- well sorted thanks to NastyNotch347
post #12 of 14 Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
How exactly does this work? My guess is (without ever having seen one, just based on what people are saying here) is that it pressurizes the master cylinder reservoir which somehow pushes the fluid out of the brakes?
post #13 of 14 Old 07-30-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSSP View Post
How exactly does this work? My guess is (without ever having seen one, just based on what people are saying here) is that it pressurizes the master cylinder reservoir which somehow pushes the fluid out of the brakes?
It's like a gallon or gallon and a half container. You put brake fluid in it. Pull off the cap on the master cylinder reservoir and twist on the one from the bleeder and pump up the container to 15psi. Go loosen the bleeder valve and bleed. Although it is a 1 man band bleeding, I found that you need to pump the brakes when you put on new calipers. There was still air in the caliper. Just a little but it was there. But this thing is awesome. If your fluid is dark, get one of these things and flush out the fluid with new stuff.

Mach 1 + procharger + driver = baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
post #14 of 14 Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
It does a better job on abs cars then with someone pumping I have found. Some people build there own using bug spraying tanks. But the cost of all the parts is like a ten dollar difference then buying the motive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement