Wah! Wah! Corner-carvers.com are meany-heads who don't want to hug and hold hands! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Wah! Wah! Corner-carvers.com are meany-heads who don't want to hug and hold hands!

why not have the boys @ corner-carvers critique it since their all suspension engineers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Let the Fox 4.6 Conversion Begin!
wifes ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my fake snake 89 svt cobra-

Last edited by d90212; 04-05-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 04-05-2009, 08:55 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d90212 View Post
why not have the boys @ corner-carvers critique it since their all suspension engineers...
They also know better than to call a suspension company a really good suspension company just because the company would gladly and quickly and without obligation send my widow an "improved" replacement, after I was too stupid to see that they were too stupid to be designing critical suspension components.

And now this thread IS about corner-carvers and the occasional idiots who make it past their filtering process.

Last edited by MFE; 04-08-2009 at 09:29 AM.
post #3 of 52 Old 04-05-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
They also know better than to call a suspension company a really good suspension company just because the company would gladly and quickly and without obligation send my widow an "improved" replacement, after I was too stupid to see that they were too stupid to be designing critical suspension components.

But this thread isn't about corner-carvers or the occasional idiots who make it past their filtering process.

you make it sound like no companies have faults...yes i did say they have good customer service... but lets ask this a question...are you an engineer? because by gosh...im no engineer to know or see what would be fail or what wouldnt...yet everyone on CC is an engineer but me.
..I only used their part because no one had a kmember for a modular motor swap...back in what...9 years ago...and when something did happen...you know the rest...though if you were smart enough...you probably would be able to look @ their website and notice that their kmembers were made for 1/4 miles by just all the pics http://www.ajeracing.com/

then you get banned because shh...you mention griggs once had problems as well...

http://forums.mustangworks.com/f18/g...failure-15080/
and heres their customer service for ....oh my a bad weld .....but we'll take care of it with additional costs....NICE! who knows what would happen if it was a critical weld that went bad and you had no upper control arms in a exiting corner...you can send that to your widow as well...

since were so widow scared...dont DRIVE...because your already driving a ticking time bomb with gas...did i also mention your stock alternator wire for fox bodies is prone to catch fire! ROFL...oh yah...thats stock...what ford fool engineered that?! must of been a duma**

wifes ride

Last edited by d90212; 04-05-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 04-05-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Ive said what i needed to say...so.. back on topic...after watching the video...

I dont think its the rebound on the front...it looks like a lot of compression on the front...as if the springs were soft..

I run the 325 as well...to me...its better suited for the imperfections of the street...
a guy from CC was selling a pair of 350s for only 80 bucks...or else wait till somebody upgrades and sells their old springs.

you would love this message board...everyone on theres is friendly and helpful with real engineers comments and feedback...
http://www.fmcdealer.dealerconnectio...serID%3D412221

wifes ride

Last edited by d90212; 04-05-2009 at 03:06 PM.
post #5 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90212 View Post
then you get banned because shh...you mention griggs once had problems as well...
For the record, you did not get banned because you mentioned Griggs has had parts break. In racing, even well designed parts will break now and then, with thousands upon thousands sold over many, many years (coming up on two decades now?) of service on the racetrack, especially parts designed to be very lightweight to give the best competitive advantage and come with the instruction that they should be inspected more frequently than stock street parts.

No, you were banned for thinking that had anything to do with the total and utter garbage part, the likes of which I have not seen since my 7-year old blindfolded himself, stuck a marker in his mouth and "designed" and A-Arm by dancing in front of the whiteboard, that was the subject of the thread.

For making Griggs and MM, complete with pictures, pop up in a thread that may be found in the search function by entering terms such as "crap," "garbage," "death wish," "idiocy," "Darwin," "Present to my Mother in Law for her 'STANG," etc, is why you were banned.

For failing to jump over the IQ bar required to recognize a part so horribly conceived, I can only visualize Rosie O'Donnell and a turkey baster as the source of this part's creation, you were banned.

And now for badmouthing the venue of your misfortune, instead of accepting responsibility for stepping on your own peepee in the city park, you blame the park.

Ironically you mention everybody being a "Suspension Engineer" over there, missing that the very point of the thread, as Frasier stated in his very first post, was that you don't need to be an Engineer to see that part wasn't going to work.

But it is of the utmost abundance of gratitude, I thank you for posting this. You see, your ban was only for a week. That's seven days. A mere slap on the wrist to impress upon one to think a little bit about what he is about to post, before he does so. To evaluate current braincell count and when found to be less than the requisite two required to rub together on a given subject, sit back and listen instead of remove all doubt.

Because you see, this post has shown me your ban should be permanent. Definitely. So I thank you, for once again removing all doubt before you were allowed to slip back into membership under the radar, where the gene pool would inevitably had suffered as a result.

You only had two days and three hours left. Such a pity--or not.

Last edited by Jon A; 04-08-2009 at 05:26 AM.
post #6 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 05:38 AM

WOW!
post #7 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Jeez, dude, it's bad enough that people have to read pages-long put-down posts by holier-than-thou jerks over there...they gotta read 'em here too?
post #8 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 AM

WOW! #2
post #9 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann View Post
Jeez, dude, it's bad enough that people have to read pages-long put-down posts by holier-than-thou jerks over there...they gotta read 'em here too?
I'll take 100 of those over for every kum-by-ya "whateva u want its ur car dood" any day of the week, all year long.
post #10 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Referencing these AJE control arms in a DFWstangs thread, and the assertion that every company has problems but these guys are really, actually, a good company because they replace junk like this for free with upgraded parts after using the end user as their failure analysis guinea pig.

Last edited by MFE; 04-08-2009 at 09:28 AM.
post #11 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM

I know alota people don't agree with the front end kit I put on my car, but with that AJE kit and this PA Racing(below) kit, even my very untrained eye can spot inevitable failure.

This A-arm mounting design scares the lug nuts off me... Lateral forces anyone?

post #12 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 AM

This is what happens when you let non-engineers (or bad engineers, or engineers who don't give a ####,) design parts.

-- Robert King
NASA AI #42, Texas
Instructor, NASA Texas Region
Instructor, TWS Perf. Driving School
post #13 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
I did not even have to take my statics class to see the design faults in that k-member and arms. Some of the stuff people are bolting onto their cars is scary! I love how aftermarket companies think they can just outsmart all of the OEM engineers by just welding a few tubes together and calling it done. How much testing do you think goes into an OEM product vs a cheap aftermarket product? Uh, not much.

For me, I will stick to the names of companies that I see winning races. The track is a tough place to test products, and that is why you see a following for Griggs and Maximum Motorsports. Their stuff works, it wins, and they have the engineering to back up their designs. Sure, there are plenty of other companies out there, and some race, but only a few seem to constantly be on the winners cars. You may pay more for their products that other stuff, but when it is my investment and my life going down the track, I damn well want the parts to be the best!

The meanie heads over on corner-carvers are that way because they understand what it takes to make a product work on the track. They use stuff for what it was designed for, and understand why it works or doesn't. Too many people open a catalog and see cheap stuff and buy it, and then wonder why it fails. They have never opened a suspension dynamics book, sat thru an engineering class, don't understand loads and material properties, and just buy crap for sake of trying to outsmart the OEM. The members of c-c get tired of having those types of people clog up their site with dumb questions and no tech. I wanna mad tyte drop yo and some tint with my 22" blades! Yeah, that crap doesn't belong on a website full of smart adults. I have a lot of respect for c-c, and I learn something new from there every time I visit. If you don't like their corner of the internet, go someplace else.

1984 White Mustang T-Top Auto-x/HPDE
#07 CP

for my Mustang build and racing info

2011 White Fiesta SES Hatch
Ex-Ford Fiesta Movement Agent and Expert
post #14 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM

Fact is, lots of the Mustang crowd are very budget conscious, but want to make their cars "faster"...which leads to companies like AJE finding willing accomplices for beta testing...

Fact #2 is, lots of the Mustang crowd are very budget conscious, but would actually be money ahead to stop spending on half axxed "mods" and, instead, spend that money on seat time...
post #15 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I was at ford swap and saw one of their K-members forsale with the a-arm mounts and thought the same thing. There is also a company that mounts the a-arm inline with a cross tube.

2014 Camaro 1LE
2001 Cobra White SOLD
1989 Mustang GT "F0xR0d" SOLD
12.49 @ 116.8 mph (BFG KDW Street tire)
post #16 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
I am no engineer, and I wouldn't put that garbage on any car, even a drag only car. FWIW, I really don't understand what is so difficult to understand about the way cc.com works. I have been a member there for 3 years, and I believe I have 3 posts, and have learned more from that site than all other forms of information available on mustangs or suspension in general combined (well, maybe except for Carroll Smith).

Trafford, Pa
post #17 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 PM

I don't think I have ANY posts over there, but every other day I hit the NEW POSTS button and see whats goin' on.
post #18 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
C-C is a great sight with a lot of info. Unfortunately, I got banned and the moderators gave no reason. I think I had 3 posts, none of them in the tech sections and none deserving a permanent ban. I think it was because I posted something in for sale section but didn't have enough posts?

I bought my TT car through the C-C classified and it's a little disappointing to not have access to that anymore. Cest la vie.

Oh, that a-arm is ridiculous. I'm no engineer but I inspect public school building construction projects in the highest seismically active area in the country and I know when things just don't look right. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of that little steel tab WITH HOLES IN IT bolted to the end of a control arm. I like how they tried to beef up the design with the little stiffner plate on top of the tab, that's a good one.

NASA AIX Outlaw West Coast
post #19 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
I like to look at the site, but biggest issue since I am not a member and have had no luck becoming a member I can not view most of the pictures. There are have been a few times I wished I was a member to add to a few of the posts, but then again I don't think its worth the pain.
post #20 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

awe.....super moderator made a thread for me....i feel appreciated and very special....boo whoo...hahahaha......did i strike a bone on mr. moderators funny bone? its ok...im used to it other than when pple harp on you and you have no say or reply back like CC...do i give a rats ass if you made this thread...not a bit!
Let'er RIP!

FACT 3 in 2000 there were NO 4.6 Kmember swaps to fox body other than AJE

i showed those pictures to show the better differences between the two...true theres a lot of useful and good information on CC...but too bad there isnt better moderators who will actually make FAQ or stickies that thread out all the good information instead of reading through gazillion threads trying to filter out all the mumble jumble...and bashing on noobs because their search engines only can do so much in titles and words...subjects often talked about go off track to other useful information already talked about....

besides...i havent seen your post up there for CC to critique? why not? scared you might be abolished like me? its quite odd that you would post asking pple here to critique when theres much better analyzers there with HIGH IQ's...

wifes ride

Last edited by d90212; 04-09-2009 at 12:36 AM.
post #21 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I am a member at CC also, since last year. I joined to learn and seeing the pictures is a big part of that. I don't know if I have a post or not but it IS the place to learn. 2K2GT is one I learned from, and the pic's of his build.

I also come here to learn and get lots of great info, MFE is a great resource on both sites. At the Corral you have to weed through things sometimes but it's cool and I am NOT knocking this place.

I'm in the middle of a build and if not for both places I would be lost as I'm doing it all, except the cage which is done.

JPope at CC
Raznkane here

Jimmy
03 Yellow Mach 1 (sold)
97 Mustang (For AI)
post #22 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 PM

Thanks man... just tryin' to document stuff to help others have as much info as possible so they can make an educated decision for themselves. I must admit, I usually hit the "MFE/FIND POSTS BY" option to see whats goin' on around here. He doesn't know me from Jimmy Jack under the bridge downtown, but he's always been cordial with me.
post #23 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A View Post
Because you see, this post has shown me your ban should be permanent. Definitely. So I thank you, for once again removing all doubt before you were allowed to slip back into membership under the radar, where the gene pool would inevitably had suffered as a result.
I didnt even want it back....why dont you READ like Brian D and Grant and post the simple sentence i sent..thats not too hard is it?

wifes ride

Last edited by d90212; 04-08-2009 at 08:20 PM.
post #24 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 10:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A View Post
...For failing to jump over the IQ bar...
Pure gold Jon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann View Post
Quote:
I'll take 100 of those over for every kum-by-ya "whateva u want its ur car dood" any day of the week, all year long.
MFE > Huesmann. Amen to that.

John
Ex-Novi'd 99 Cobra
E36 LS2
post #25 of 52 Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM

There is very interesting social phenomena that occur almost daily at CC.com re: the pages long flame jobs on newbies that don't use the search function. Rather than not respond to these posts, people spend hours crafting epically vitriolic responses to the most minor of trasnsgressions and it becomes a sport of sorts.

These are grown, well-educated, well mannered men in everday life one would presume. Men that would grumble under their breath at worst if somebody that wasn't looking bumped into them on the sidewalk or perhaps glare or honk at being cut off on the freeway.

Yet when someone asks a "stupid" question on the internet it is literally like wolves to the kill. It is amazing how in cyberspace, distance and a little bit of anonymity and things get all Lord of the Flies and shiit

91 notch, 3000#, Astro T-5, Dart 10.5:1 331, RPM2, AFR 185, custom cam, Max Motorsports, StopTech
post #26 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM

^Nah, its just friends showing off for each other...it is pretty dang amusing, though.
post #27 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

though for what its worth ... AJE is recalling all of its new 09 control arms:
https://forums.corral.net/forums/show...&highlight=aje

I hope they become like another company and ask for a few more dollars in this bad economy...just because...

wifes ride

post #28 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 01:56 AM

I was confused to the CC.com reference. So I went over there hunting for this thread.

So MFE makes a thread stating look at this DFW thread.

You comment defending AJE by explaining their customer service and how they quickly fixed your issue. Stopping right there you would of been good. Because if you would of searched a tad you would of found 8 other threads that reference AJE and they are not all negative. One of the threads even talks about AJE road racing kmember being used in American Iron by reputtable racers.

The shocker is the difference in design and the scary fact that I think someone was thinking modular to keep cost down instead of real world testing. I don't mean installing it on a drag car and running it up down the track.

I would like to see video of that thing driving around town, the flex is probably crazy.

Yes two people misread your thread, well I bet more then that actually. So I assume you still have the damaged kmember you repaired yourself?

I never saw the point of a tubular kmember for a street car or tubular a-arms. Streets are not race tracks, they have holes, ruts, occasional 4x4 piece of lumber, or just general effed up highways ( DETROIT).

I have learned one thing with the aftermarket: You buy somthing thats cheaper then everyone else, There probably isn't a lot of development cost in it or the quality is not as good.

--
Why you got banned over there, well your first post you asked to get banned. Then requested your account to be deleted. So quit your beaotching about being banned.

I been banned twice, first time was for doing somthing stupid like driving home after drinking and then posting after drinking. I was wrong they were right and life moves on. Second time was for being a smart azz and pushing the limits. I think its mostly you moderators who make mistakes themselves and are influenced by their own beliefs or other members. A moderators job is a catch 22 position. Sometimes you got to pull the trigger to keep people inline.

Its like storys about businesses owners some know what the business owner states and some know the real facts. Its hard to know the difference between unknown illness vs crack addiction. Just unknown illness sounds better then crack addict in rehab.

2014 Camaro 1LE
2001 Cobra White SOLD
post #29 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
I just find the hypocrisy to be a bit much.
post #30 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redb*tch View Post
There is very interesting social phenomena that occur almost daily at CC.com re: the pages long flame jobs on newbies that don't use the search function. Rather than not respond to these posts, people spend hours crafting epically vitriolic responses to the most minor of trasnsgressions and it becomes a sport of sorts.
I think you give the CC crows too much credit. In only takes us a few minutes to compose our vitriolic responses.

Quote:
These are grown, well-educated, well mannered men in everday life one would presume. Men that would grumble under their breath at worst if somebody that wasn't looking bumped into them on the sidewalk or perhaps glare or honk at being cut off on the freeway.

Yet when someone asks a "stupid" question on the internet it is literally like wolves to the kill.
Very true, and its done for a very specific reason -- too keep the content there from degerating to the quality level of other forums. Corner Carvers was created as a result of the dissatisfaction the foinding members had with other forums.

Sometimes it is juvenile. That will occasionally happen whenever you get a bunch of like-thinking guys together. Corner Carvers has just adopted it as one of their more effective ways of screening members and keeping folks in line.

Think of it as a fraternity. If you keep you head low and "be cool", you're in. If you make an ass of yourself (and by definition, not following the rules to the letter makes you an ass,) you're going to get hazed. If you survive, and fall into line, then you're likely become a valued member. If not, you wern't Corner Carvers material any way.

Over the past 8 years its worked very well. It pisses a lot of people off, but it's supposed to.

-- Robert King
NASA AI #42, Texas
Instructor, NASA Texas Region
Instructor, TWS Perf. Driving School
post #31 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrew View Post
Its like storys about businesses owners some know what the business owner states and some know the real facts. Its hard to know the difference between unknown illness vs crack addiction. Just unknown illness sounds better then crack addict in rehab.
reads like freakin poetry!
Chris, have you considered writing for Hallmark?

gumby
post #32 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
reads like freakin poetry!
Chris, have you considered writing for Hallmark?

I don't think hallmark would accept my cards.

Happy Birthday grandma

(Inside card)

Since I sent you this birthday card it shows I deserve your house in the will.

2014 Camaro 1LE
2001 Cobra White SOLD
post #33 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redb*tch View Post

Yet when someone asks a "stupid" question on the internet it is literally like wolves to the kill. It is amazing how in cyberspace, distance and a little bit of anonymity and things get all Lord of the Flies and shiit
This has all been discussed before. Use the ####in' search, dumbass.

Steve Rife
post #34 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Another good point about C-C.com, even Chris Carrew has improved punctuation and grammar skills since being a member there. LOL
post #35 of 52 Old 04-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40mkII View Post
Think of it as a fraternity. If you keep you head low and "be cool", you're in. If you make an ass of yourself (and by definition, not following the rules to the letter makes you an ass,) you're going to get hazed. If you survive, and fall into line, then you're likely become a valued member. If not, you wern't Corner Carvers material any way.

Over the past 8 years its worked very well. It pisses a lot of people off, but it's supposed to.
I've lurked there for years and it sucks that I can't see all the pics or contribute some of the neat things I've done but I find the tone of the forum and especially the hazing that goes on there particularly troublesome-its not how I'd talk to people regardless of their perceived intelligence.

But, its your part of the world and its worked this long so fill yer boots

91 notch, 3000#, Astro T-5, Dart 10.5:1 331, RPM2, AFR 185, custom cam, Max Motorsports, StopTech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement