4.6l swap into a 5.0 car - K Member question - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
4.6l swap into a 5.0 car - K Member question

I'm actually considering an LSx swap into my mustang for ####s and grins instead of building up a windsor motor. The over all cost of the Lsx + the 6spd swap is alot cheaper than just swapping in the 6spd behind my 5.0 (or next motor i was planning on putting together..

My issue is.. If I buy a K-Member for the car right now(Maximum Motorsports or Granatelli..) .. I dont know if I'll be able to use it in the LSx swap. From my understanding the 4.6L K-member works great with a little massaging from a dremmel..

Are there any adapter plates or anything to go from a 5.0 to a 4.6L motor mount? Or would it be better to modify the K-Member I put in the car to accept 4.6L mounts... Or replace the 5.0 K with a 4.6 K when the time comes?

Gonna try this in the 94/95 section too..

1994 Mustang GT
FRPP 70mm TB.. Typhoon intake .. GT40 Heads.. Paxton SN2000 @ 6lbs.. 42# FRPP injectors.. BBK Shorty Headers.. O/R H-Pipe.. No Mufflers.. Pro 5.0 Shifter.. AEM Plug-N-Play Standalone.. AEM EPM.. LS1 coils.. GM 3bar MAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
i have an aje gen I 4.6 swap k which seems to be the perfered swap method on lsx motors as all you have to do is slightly modify a 4.6 motor mount to work on the ls block , look on ls1tech and youll see , if you want to buy it , its f/s

post #3 of 3 Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I'd check out the AJE website. From what little browsing I did, it seems they have EXACTLY what you're looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement