calipers + GR SLA ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2ndsideways's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: north jersey
Posts: 463
Question calipers + GR SLA ?

what calipers work/ fit with the griggs sla? i have the sn-95 calipers that came with the front 5 lug conversion/ spindles. there is no way these will bolt up due to interferance with the upper control arm/ ball joint.

i really want to save for the griggs 4 on 4 kit as they are some of the best brakes ive ever felt on a mustang, but would like to know my options. basically any caliper thats clocked in a different position would work. on the passenger side the sn-95 caliper is from 9 -12 o clock, i would need about 8 -10 o clock position or so.


Must keep making progress
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....
2ndsideways is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndsideways View Post
what calipers work/ fit with the griggs sla? i have the sn-95 calipers that came with the front 5 lug conversion/ spindles. there is no way these will bolt up due to interferance with the upper control arm/ ball joint.

i really want to save for the griggs 4 on 4 kit as they are some of the best brakes ive ever felt on a mustang, but would like to know my options. basically any caliper thats clocked in a different position would work. on the passenger side the sn-95 caliper is from 9 -12 o clock, i would need about 8 -10 o clock position or so.
I had the same issue and ended up using the Whitby Motorcars spindle adapter instead of the Griggs part. This only uses the 2 strut bolt holes and allows the use of any brakes that fit a SN95 spindle. The only other option is to make custom brackets that relocate the caliper down.

Griggsp512 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2ndsideways's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: north jersey
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griggsp512 View Post
I had the same issue and ended up using the Whitby Motorcars spindle adapter instead of the Griggs part. This only uses the 2 strut bolt holes and allows the use of any brakes that fit a SN95 spindle. The only other option is to make custom brackets that relocate the caliper down.
ok thought about fabbing some custom brackets but dont really want to as its more work for stock brakes.

got a link or pics of different spindle/ balljoint adapter? the gr adapters were like $220 alone

Must keep making progress
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....
2ndsideways is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndsideways View Post
ok thought about fabbing some custom brackets but dont really want to as its more work for stock brakes.

got a link or pics of different spindle/ balljoint adapter? the gr adapters were like $220 alone
www.whitbymotorcars.com

Also search Corner-Carvers for Whitby motorcars and you can see pictures of the adapter
Griggsp512 is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
2ndsideways's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: north jersey
Posts: 463
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griggsp512 View Post
www.whitbymotorcars.com

Also search Corner-Carvers for Whitby motorcars and you can see pictures of the adapter
thanks

Must keep making progress
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....
2ndsideways is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndsideways View Post
thanks
By the way I was able to purchase just the spindle adapters which droped the price around $50-100, I can't remember exactley.
Griggsp512 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome