Stock power steering cooler - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (53)
Question Stock power steering cooler

I guess you can call it that,lol. Anyways, i'm getting ready to install the intercooler for my turbo setup and the stock fox "cooler" line will need to be relocated.

Just how usefull is this thing for a street car that see's very little street time throughout the year anyways? Was thinking of just getting rid of it and go straight to the rack from the pump. Thought this section would have some insight on it. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-04-2009, 12:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
You can also replace it with a normal tranny type cooler.

post #3 of 7 Old 03-06-2009, 03:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
Or buy the 93/95 power steering cooler offered by PPI: http://www.performancepartsinc.com/suspension.htm about half-way down the page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (36)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrracer View Post
Or buy the 93/95 power steering cooler offered by PPI: http://www.performancepartsinc.com/suspension.htm about half-way down the page.
Thanks for the referral. The cooler that we sell is the high capacity 1993 and 1995 Cobra R power steering cooler...

Charter Corral Sponsor since 1995...

Be sure to visit the
often as new parts are added daily!!! International orders are always welcome!!!

Follow PPI on
!!!

post #5 of 7 Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (53)
Thanks guys, but i'm really not looking to add a better/bigger cooler. Just wondering if much of any downfall in just doing away with the stocker deal.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-07-2009, 12:08 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
By removing the cooler you are going to create a system with no method to dissipate heat. This could produce steadily increasing fluid temps from turn to turn. The stock cooler, even though it is rather simple, does give a basic method of heat dissipation from turn to turn for a normal street application.

I would say you need to have some sort of a cooler or you will risk overheating the fluid.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-07-2009, 01:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
i got my power steering cooler from a caddy escalade, about 4.5" by 14" or so. it can take the place of the long pre-bent line that runs up the driver side of the rad support.

Must keep making progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement