Spring choice with Tokico Bullitt shocks/struts - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Spring choice with Tokico Bullitt shocks/struts

Would these s/s be able to handle H&R race springs? Im trying to effectivly match the best springs with these shocks/struts. Ride hight is no issue, I would rather have a high ride hight like stock if I could, but thats usually not an option.

I would LOVE the H&R super race springs but would those rates be to aggressive for the Tokicos?

EDIT: let me just clarify, im looking for the BEST handling I can get with the shocks/struts and springs working together without issues.

-Performance Red/Tan Top 2001 GT Vert-
IRS Swap, 3.73s, Eibach Pro-kit, 13'' Cobra Brakes, Full Bolt-ons, Delta Force Commando Kit

Last edited by SUP3RSTANG; 03-03-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

WOW... nobody? maybe I should have put ZO6 in the tittle.. then everyne and there mom would be answering.

IRS Swap, 3.73s, Eibach Pro-kit, 13'' Cobra Brakes, Full Bolt-ons, Delta Force Commando Kit
post #3 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 01:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
The answer is no. The Bullitt uses a 600 front spring, way lighter than the H&R Race, let alone the Super Race springs. And even at that the Bullitt dampers weren't great for Bullitt springs.

Do yourself a favor and don't skimp on the dampers, the results are never ideal.

Sam Strano
7x SCCA National Champion + 7x SCCA ProSolo Class Champion, 2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
I drive them, I compete in them, I sell more variety of brands than any other company.
STRANOPARTS.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 PM

^Yeah, what he said...the Tokicos aren't going to be up to the task of handling the Race or Super Race spring rate. They'd probably be ok with Sports...btw, there's a listing somewhere on the internetz which gives a bunch of Fox/SN spring rate data, that might be helpful in narrowing down your choices.

Do you have the Bullit springs? I'd think, given what you seem to be looking for (including stock ride height) would be the obvious choice...or something of similar rate.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM

The chart at stangsuspension's website lists most of the stock and aftermarket Mustang spring rates. What springs do you have now? I'd personally go with the Bullitt springs and not much more on stock Bullitt shocks/struts. Nice increase in spring rate over stock GT springs, and a little lower, but not much.

2001 Bullitt
2008 Mustang GT
post #6 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

There we go.. thanks guys. Im not trying to "cheap out" thats why I made the thread, Im simply trying to effectively match up some springs to my system. I dont want to buy new shocks/struts because i simply dont need to.

post #7 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUP3RSTANG View Post
WOW... nobody? maybe I should have put ZO6 in the tittle.. then everyne and there mom would be answering.
Maybe, but only until Z06 questions have been asked and answered as many times as yours has.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
On my 93, I used the Tokico 5 ways and H&R Race springs without any issue.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post
Maybe, but only until Z06 questions have been asked and answered as many times as yours has.
well sorry.. im pretty new here so i havnt seen to many threads in here. if you dont want to provide an answer, dont read it. there will always be reposts.

post #10 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE View Post

post #11 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
This place is nuts.

2001 Mustang Bullitt #01992
post #12 of 12 Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
http://www.koni-na.com/presentations/mustang/

Joe -- 86 Mustang GT with ABS!! FRPP headers; Bassani cat x-pipe; DynoMax 2 1/2 cat-back; FRPP strut tower brace; Cobra M-2300K brakes; Cobra D178 17x8 rims and 245/45/17 RE730 tires. Plus, T-Bird, FireBird & other cars :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement