B. * Progressive Water/Methanol Controls
C. * Two-Step Rev limiter
D. * Programmable Outputs

*-Not new features but important nonetheless

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

See less See more
#2 ·
Gonna talk with Chris on Monday regarding the harness, I’m most interested in the Ethanol Spark Adder and how it works, traction control and launch assist, my 4r70w has a manual valve body, I’m open to letting the computer control it, but may be more involved than I want to get right now.

#3 ·
Nice additions! I like the cool down and the T56 lockout control, even though I bought one a couple months ago I like the idea of the Pro-M handling as much as possible and eliminating add on stuff. The traction control and launch assist sound very interesting.

#6 ·
Chris says still about 2 weeks out on the supplemental harness.
Michael, you must be special :)
Trust me, I'm NOT special because my friend John got the very first supplemental harness looooong before I got mine, and his supplemental harness is already installed in his 98 GT :surprise:

Wanted to point out there is nothing wrong with the older harness and calibration tool, but if you want one or some of the new features the new harness gives you then you need to purchase the NEW supplemental harness $$$.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

#8 · (Edited)
Better answered by Chris Richards on the availability of the harness for the 4R70W. On another note, another person has their supplemental harness for their 1995 Mustang GT (AOD-E) but it hasn't been installed as of yet.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

#12 ·
I’ve got a supplemental harness on the way, I plan on putting it in ASAP, I’ll try and make a post as well to help anyone that is interested in installing one, will be removing my passenger seat and getting ready to do a little wiring. Looks like the ethanol content sensor and the fuel pressure sensor are still a few weeks out, I’m excited to get a jump on this, hard to believe the car is going to run even better than it already is, win, win... traction control, launch control, can’t wait!

#17 ·
Supplemental Harness Install on AOD-E/4R70W

Recently finished installing the new Pro-M supplemental harness on my AOD-E '95 Mustang GT. Just thought I would post a little review and my experience so far with it plus do a brief comparison with the Baumann/US Shift Quick 1 controller I was using. Some of the info listed below was already mentioned in this thread, but I will also list a few side notes about minor things to be aware of during the install.

The supplemental harness is made up of two sections, the actual supplemental harness and transmission harness. Upon first receiving the package the supplemental harness came unwrapped but did include all necessary wire loom, harness wrap, instructions and speed sensor signal booster. The transmission harness was already in it's own wire loom. Also received a new calibration file and latest version of the Pro-M calibration tool.

Instructions for the wiring harness was pretty straight forward and easy to understand. Transmission harness itself was a plug-in and play deal but the supplemental harness will require connecting a few terminated and unterminated wires to the connectors located in passenger side kick panel, at both 50 and 70 pin ECU connectors and at connector in passenger side fenderwell that plugs into transmission harness. Just a side note.. If not comfortable with doing connections such as just mentioned it my be a good idea to seek help from someone who is more experienced in this area..

Calibration tool is just how it was in the past but there are some new features and folders that current users will have to become familiar with. After using it a couple times I was able to navigate through and find necessary variables and folders needed just as I did before. There are now three user settings; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. "Beginner" setting will offer the least amount of navigation with only basic variables to choose from while "Advanced" setting offers access to everything in the system (pretty much just like having the current calibration tool). Personally I like the new calibration tool a little better than the older/current version. Only thing I would miss is the dot matrix gauge option which is now gone:crying2:.

The installation went well but did require some time and patience to get everything done right. This will not be a quick install by any means. Passenger side seat will have to come out, will need access to passenger side kick panel and fenderwell plus good access under car to replace transmission harness. Just another side note.. If car is an auto it may be a good idea to remove the exhaust midpipe to gain access to the plugs of transmission harness unless you have really small hands, trying to reach around exhaust pipes to disconnect and remove the old harness can be a challenge.. on Autos the VSS will not be used anymore for a signal to speedometer, that will now have a signal from the Pro-M EFI computer. What's nice about this is the speedometer can now be adjusted within .5mph of accuracy by adjusting the rear tire circumference size in the calibration. If using the earlier AOD-E on '94-'95 Mustangs the pan will have to be dropped and the torque converter clutch solenoid be replaced by a high impedance solenoid found on the 1996 and up 4R70W (ford part number F5AZ-7G136-A). This will add additional time to the installation if not done already. This was also the case with the US Shift controller, so I had done this already.

The wiring was pretty straight forward but patience is a virtue here. One minor issue I ran into when inserting the terminals from the new harness into the plug that connects to the transmission harness in fenderwell, was the slot for the tan wire (reverse lock-out) was blank at the back side of connector. I had to drill that slot out to insert the terminal. This was pretty easy though, I started off with a 1/8" bit but finished off with a 9/64" bit. After slot is drilled out there will be a small black plastic pin that should fall out from the front side of connector. Connector was cleaned off, terminal inserted and locked in with no issues. Another side note.. be careful not to drill too far into connector otherwise the portion where terminal gets locked inside can get damaged, just an opening for the terminal needs to be made.. Drilling out this blank spot is optional being the "reverse lockout" is for T-56 transmissions only.

There is an optional unterminated light green wire in the harness used for controlling a dedicated relay for powering the wideband O2 sensors. At first I didn't choose to use this wire and capped it off, but after a brief conversation with Chris at Pro-M about it's purpose I went ahead and wired it up to a relay. Using this option makes the widebands only power up with KOER opposed to being powered with KOEO. I also chose to go with the optional Manual Shift Harness that plugs into the supplemental harness. Using this option will give the user the ability to manually paddle shift using the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. You can choose whatever pair of cruise buttons you'd like to shift up and down.

Before start-up I went over calibration and read through the instructions that came with it. This is very important because it stresses on treating the installation as a new install. There are certain things that has to be ENABLED/DISABLED in calibration, also there will be a new idle procedure that has to be done once car is started and up to temp. Instructions should be read through from start to finish, I have to admit I did find myself at first starting to browse through certain things because a lot was already done when I first installed the EFI system a few years back, but there are new things that was added to original instructions the user should know about. I caught myself and went back to the beginning:(. There was instructions sent for the new Auto Controls as well.

After car was started and up to temp. the idle procedure was the first thing done. It was very simple. Just a side note.. follow along with the idle procedure in instructions, it's a little different from what we're all used to back in the day with the old stock computers.. After all necessary variables was checked it was time for the first drive. I noticed right away the car felt nice and strong putting it into gear which was something I kind of fought with before where when putting into gear the rpms kind of bogged down a bit. The car also shifted much smoother than it did with the Quick 1 (my AOD-E does have a moderate level shift kit that I used with the Quick 1 controller and still currently using with the new Pro-M auto controls). As car got to faster speeds it still felt really nice, I noticed it wasn't so eager to shift into overdrive right away which was nice. The manual shifting was also nice to have and worked well.

For comparison between the US Shift Quick 1 controller and Pro-M auto controls, they both work well. They both have the ability to adjust shift points, line pressures, enter differential ratios and such. Want to point out that my driving with both was with base tunes each system comes with. After my experience with both, I really like that the Pro-M auto controls can take advantage of the idle air controller and adaptive strategies within the engine management system where as the Quick 1 controller is only limited to a connection from the throttle position sensor and didn't work in conjunction with the EFI system. Will be driving car more over the next few weeks to allow the adaptive strategies in the new calibration write it's tables.

I hope this review was informative and help out anyone with the installation of the supplemental harness and the new Pro-M auto controls.

Cheers :wink2:.

#67 · (Edited)

Recently finished installing the new Pro-M supplemental harness on my AOD-E '95 Mustang GT. Just thought I would post a little review and my experience so far with it plus do a brief comparison with the Baumann/US Shift Quick 1 controller I was using. Some of the info listed below was already mentioned in this thread, but I will also list a few side notes about minor things to be aware of during the install.

The supplemental harness is made up of two sections, the actual supplemental harness and transmission harness. Upon first receiving the package the supplemental harness came unwrapped but did include all necessary wire loom, harness wrap, instructions and speed sensor signal booster. The transmission harness was already in it's own wire loom. Also received a new calibration file and latest version of the Pro-M calibration tool.

Instructions for the wiring harness was pretty straight forward and easy to understand. Transmission harness itself was a plug-in and play deal but the supplemental harness will require connecting a few terminated and unterminated wires to the connectors located in passenger side kick panel, at both 50 and 70 pin ECU connectors and at connector in passenger side fenderwell that plugs into transmission harness. Just a side note.. If not comfortable with doing connections such as just mentioned it my be a good idea to seek help from someone who is more experienced in this area..

Calibration tool is just how it was in the past but there are some new features and folders that current users will have to become familiar with. After using it a couple times I was able to navigate through and find necessary variables and folders needed just as I did before. There are now three user settings; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. "Beginner" setting will offer the least amount of navigation with only basic variables to choose from while "Advanced" setting offers access to everything in the system (pretty much just like having the current calibration tool). Personally I like the new calibration tool a little better than the older/current version. Only thing I would miss is the dot matrix gauge option which is now gone:crying2:.

The installation went well but did require some time and patience to get everything done right. This will not be a quick install by any means. Passenger side seat will have to come out, will need access to passenger side kick panel and fenderwell plus good access under car to replace transmission harness. Just another side note.. If car is an auto it may be a good idea to remove the exhaust midpipe to gain access to the plugs of transmission harness unless you have really small hands, trying to reach around exhaust pipes to disconnect and remove the old harness can be a challenge.. on Autos the VSS will not be used anymore for a signal to speedometer, that will now have a signal from the Pro-M EFI computer. What's nice about this is the speedometer can now be adjusted within .5mph of accuracy by adjusting the rear tire circumference size in the calibration. If using the earlier AOD-E on '94-'95 Mustangs the pan will have to be dropped and the torque converter clutch solenoid be replaced by a high impedance solenoid found on the 1996 and up 4R70W (ford part number F5AZ-7G136-A). This will add additional time to the installation if not done already. This was also the case with the US Shift controller, so I had done this already.

The wiring was pretty straight forward but patience is a virtue here. One minor issue I ran into when inserting the terminals from the new harness into the plug that connects to the transmission harness in fenderwell, was the slot for the tan wire (reverse lock-out) was blank at the back side of connector. I had to drill that slot out to insert the terminal. This was pretty easy though, I started off with a 1/8" bit but finished off with a 9/64" bit. After slot is drilled out there will be a small black plastic pin that should fall out from the front side of connector. Connector was cleaned off, terminal inserted and locked in with no issues. Another side note.. be careful not to drill too far into connector otherwise the portion where terminal gets locked inside can get damaged, just an opening for the terminal needs to be made.. Drilling out this blank spot is optional being the "reverse lockout" is for T-56 transmissions only.

There is an optional unterminated light green wire in the harness used for controlling a dedicated relay for powering the wideband O2 sensors. At first I didn't choose to use this wire and capped it off, but after a brief conversation with Chris at Pro-M about it's purpose I went ahead and wired it up to a relay. Using this option makes the widebands only power up with KOER opposed to being powered with KOEO. I also chose to go with the optional Manual Shift Harness that plugs into the supplemental harness. Using this option will give the user the ability to manually paddle shift using the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. You can choose whatever pair of cruise buttons you'd like to shift up and down.

Before start-up I went over calibration and read through the instructions that came with it. This is very important because it stresses on treating the installation as a new install. There are certain things that has to be ENABLED/DISABLED in calibration, also there will be a new idle procedure that has to be done once car is started and up to temp. Instructions should be read through from start to finish, I have to admit I did find myself at first starting to browse through certain things because a lot was already done when I first installed the EFI system a few years back, but there are new things that was added to original instructions the user should know about. I caught myself and went back to the beginning:(. There was instructions sent for the new Auto Controls as well.

After car was started and up to temp. the idle procedure was the first thing done. It was very simple. Just a side note.. follow along with the idle procedure in instructions, it's a little different from what we're all used to back in the day with the old stock computers.. After all necessary variables was checked it was time for the first drive. I noticed right away the car felt nice and strong putting it into gear which was something I kind of fought with before where when putting into gear the rpms kind of bogged down a bit. The car also shifted much smoother than it did with the Quick 1 (my AOD-E does have a moderate level shift kit that I used with the Quick 1 controller and still currently using with the new Pro-M auto controls). As car got to faster speeds it still felt really nice, I noticed it wasn't so eager to shift into overdrive right away which was nice. The manual shifting was also nice to have and worked well.

For comparison between the US Shift Quick 1 controller and Pro-M auto controls, they both work well. They both have the ability to adjust shift points, line pressures, enter differential ratios and such. Want to point out that my driving with both was with base tunes each system comes with. After my experience with both, I really like that the Pro-M auto controls can take advantage of the idle air controller and adaptive strategies within the engine management system where as the Quick 1 controller is only limited to a connection from the throttle position sensor and didn't work in conjunction with the EFI system. Will be driving car more over the next few weeks to allow the adaptive strategies in the new calibration write it's tables.

I hope this review was informative and help out anyone with the installation of the supplemental harness and the new Pro-M auto controls.

Franky thank you for sharing your install.
Franky I moved the tan and purple wire on the supplemental harness because like you said there was 1 hole closed.

#19 ·
My car spun a rod bearing at the track this past Wednesday so my car is down indefinitely, I received my new harness today and briefly went over the instructions, I’ve moved the pins on the harnesses before so I was familiar with the procedure, there are 7 pins to be connected to the existing A/B connectors, did this in about 10 minutes with my cell phone flashlight, will be installing wiring loom and moving on to the kick panel, I’m actually happy my motor and transmission are out of the car as I’ll be able to get everything wired perfectly, here are a few pics I took, I’m really bad at doing walk throughs as I just get excited and want to finish, anyhow, here’s what I got so far...

Attachments

#20 ·
Hi everyone do you guys know how much is this new Supplemental wiring harness?I haven't seen it on Pro M website,I do have Pro M efi system on my 97 mustang gt 4.6.I had couple issues with the oxygen sensors getting demeged and I know some of you had too.The problem with the o2 sensors getting damaged is that the heating circuit was getting bad and the system is all based on that.I end up buying new o2 sensors they are not cheep,so my question is will the new supplemental harness fix that issue?
(Wideband Power control)Do we have to wire up the widebands differently from what we had with out the supplemental harness?What about the new harness
Progressive Water/Methanol ControlsÂ#is it diffrent from before?

#24 ·
I'll be picking one of these harnesses up as soon as the ethanol sensor and high flow fuel block are available. Also looking forward to the software for us Mac users as well.

#25 ·
I’m using t-5 transmission, anyway/reason I could hook up the new trans speed sensor?
I’m sure my old efi (89 factory efi) system used that sensor but as I understood it the pro m doesn’t need trans data.
But now with the trans control option I’m wondering if manual transmissions would have any reason to use this new option?

#36 ·
On most basic level... The system monitors the speed sensor in the tail shaft and calculates rate of acceleration of the rear wheels. You set a threshold. Any rate above that threshold is considered wheel slip. Once crossed, the system will retard timing (the amount of retard is adjustable in a table) to drop power and attempt to regain traction. The spark advance is then gradually ramped back in.

#29 ·
Hey pkstang,
How's everything (family & car)? The E85 setup will have a Flex-Fuel sensor/bypass block assembly and is used on the feed side of your fuel system. The E85 setup works with the Ethanol Content Spark Adder which allows you to add spark advance in most areas of the table.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

#31 ·
Reworking most all of my fuel system to accommodate the flex fuel and fuel pressure delta sensors, the blocks/sensors are very nice quality pieces, they are large and will require some thought in how to plumb them into your current systems. I’m installing mine under the drivers seat where my filters use to be and will have to cut into my transmission cross member bracket to fit the lines, I’m upgrading my pumps to twin AEM 400lph pumps and I will only run one until boost comes on controlling the 2nd pump with a programmable output, I am routing the trans harness and e85/fuel pressure harness through the old shifter hole in the transmission tunnel, here is a pic of the sensors and how I connected them together with 2 -8AN fittings in and out...

Attachments

#32 ·
What is the Fuel Pressure Delta sensor? I ordered the supplemental harness and the Flex Fuel sensor already, didn't know about the other sensor or if it's needed. I'm still deployed, so I haven't had a chance to get my hands on the items I ordered, but will get to mess around with it in a couple weeks.

#33 ·
The fuel pressure sensor monitors fuel rail pressure and can adjust injector pulse width based on its readings, I think that’s how Chris explained it to me, I could be wrong though, best to shoot him an email, it does have a vacuum port to monitor vacuum along with the actual fuel pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.