Pro-M Updates coming out soon, any info... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Michael Plummer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 06-03-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (22)
Pro-M Updates coming out soon, any info...

Just a discussion, didnít feel like asking Chris about specifics, I read somewhere about traction control and some other updates trans control I think, curious how this will work with current users, I got my system back in 2015, I may take advantage of the wideband heater option, mine is giving me some troubles and would like to rule that out as being the issue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Curious how he would do traction control. The ABS module (at least on the pre-96 cars) doesnít talk to the ECU so the ECU doesnít know what the wheelspeed sensors are doing.

post #3 of 21 Old 06-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Garage
My understanding from Chris is that the wideband heater option can be there for those that leave the key on with engine off for a while before starting up the car cold. If you don't treat the widebands like glow plugs, it should not be an issue. But, I do agree that I would like to have the option because it could be very easy to be updating your tune and leaving the key on for a while, then firing up the car immediately after. If the engine is hot, it doesn't matter, it will not affect it. It is when the wideband sensor gets hot and a cold engine shoots cold moisture on the sensor when it fires up that it can damage the sensor.

A lot of the newer cars of course have traction control, and it is one of the first things many people turn off? I guess it has its place and function.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1990 Light Crystal Blue LX Convertible, TW170, Lunati 20350711, TMOSS GT40 Tubular, 3550 5-speed, 3.55 Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan_GT View Post
Curious how he would do traction control. The ABS module (at least on the pre-96 cars) doesnít talk to the ECU so the ECU doesnít know what the wheelspeed sensors are doing.
It has nothing to do with the ABS module. I'm not 100% sure but it has something to do with tire spin and rate of acceleration.

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE with no Nitrous
ProCharged D1 and Snow Performance Water/Methanol
Pro-M Racing EMS
post #5 of 21 Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Plummer View Post
It has nothing to do with the ABS module. I'm not 100% sure but it has something to do with tire spin and rate of acceleration.

The ABS module in any modern day system uses the wheel speed sensors to detect lockups, and this information is typically relayed to the ECU over CAN for traction control. Unless Chris is going to build another harness (or build it into the new harness for new system purchases) in order to monitor wheel speeds, then the ABS module would be used. That being said, Chris has already confirmed with me that the ABS module does not communicate with the ECU on these cars, so piping the wheel speeds directly to the ECU with an expansion harness is the only real way to do it.
post #6 of 21 Old 06-12-2019, 05:36 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
The ABS module in any modern day system uses the wheel speed sensors to detect lockups, and this information is typically relayed to the ECU over CAN for traction control. Unless Chris is going to build another harness (or build it into the new harness for new system purchases) in order to monitor wheel speeds, then the ABS module would be used. That being said, Chris has already confirmed with me that the ABS module does not communicate with the ECU on these cars, so piping the wheel speeds directly to the ECU with an expansion harness is the only real way to do it.
If I had to guess, there won't be a completely new harness. Probably a few wires added to your existing harness. I'm assuming you didn't get a chance to ask Chris Richards directly on how the traction control works because I haven't talked to him in a looong time either. Here I go again guessing, but it probably has something to do with MPH and time.

Pro-M Racing EMS

Last edited by Michael Plummer; 06-12-2019 at 05:38 AM.
post #7 of 21 Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
If I had to guess, there won't be a completely new harness. Probably a few wires added to your existing harness. I'm assuming you didn't get a chance to ask Chris Richards directly on how the traction control works because I haven't talked to him in a looong time either. Here I go again guessing, but it probably has something to do with MPH and time.

No, I didnít ask. I found out about the ABS module strategy by accident when I turned it on in my tune and got lectured for it by Chris. Haha
post #8 of 21 Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 PM

Garage
If I remember what Chris said, I believe there would be a new or additional harness on new kits once released, and customers with existing setups would have access to an upgrade harness as well.

1990 Light Crystal Blue LX Convertible, TW170, Lunati 20350711, TMOSS GT40 Tubular, 3550 5-speed, 3.55 Gears
post #9 of 21 Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop50 View Post
If I remember what Chris said, I believe there would be a new or additional harness on new kits once released, and customers with existing setups would have access to an upgrade harness as well..
Correct. There will be a supplemental harness that goes into connector C in the ECU and a few wires you'll need to wire to other connectors. I look forward to getting the supplemental harness and getting the installation completed.

Pro-M Racing EMS

Last edited by Michael Plummer; 06-13-2019 at 02:35 PM.
post #10 of 21 Old 06-13-2019, 10:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (19)
Does anyone know if the ability to control an automatic transmission is coming soon? And if so, which transmissions will it control? I'm currently running a 6R80 in my 98 Cobra using the Quick 6 controller, but would like the ability to use one computer for everything as opposed to external controllers. The Quick 6 works well, I'd just prefer to use one program to control everything if I can.

post #11 of 21 Old 06-13-2019, 05:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Traction control doesn't seem worth it to me but launch control, that would be something very nice to have.

*fingers crossed*

1993 Cobra #1282
post #12 of 21 Old 06-14-2019, 10:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helomech74 View Post
Does anyone know if the ability to control an automatic transmission is coming soon? And if so, which transmissions will it control? I'm currently running a 6R80 in my 98 Cobra using the Quick 6 controller, but would like the ability to use one computer for everything as opposed to external controllers. The Quick 6 works well, I'd just prefer to use one program to control everything if I can.
I do believe Chris mentioned transmission control, but no details as to what transmissions.

post #13 of 21 Old 06-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Corral Elite Member

Once I get the supplemental harness I will do a full review on all the new features for the Pro-M EFI. The Traction Control function is going to be fully adjustable, and it can be used in tandem with Launch Control. Personally, I'm very excited about both these new variables and can't wait to try them out.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
kjb302ho and thadude like this.

Pro-M Racing EMS
post #14 of 21 Old 06-17-2019, 03:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Once I get the supplemental harness I will do a full review on all the new features for the Pro-M EFI. The Traction Control function is going to be fully adjustable, and it can be used in tandem with Launch Control. Personally, I'm very excited about both these new variables and can't wait to try them out.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Has Chris mentioned when these will be available?

post #15 of 21 Old 06-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop50 View Post
Has Chris mentioned when these will be available?
He said soon, which means we'll see the harnesses in September...lol.

Pro-M Racing EMS
post #16 of 21 Old 06-17-2019, 08:50 PM

Mike, do you know if the additional harness is a cost option?
post #17 of 21 Old 06-23-2019, 06:54 AM
Corral Elite Member

Angry

Quote:
Good question, I have no idea.

Pro-M Racing EMS
post #18 of 21 Old 07-14-2019, 06:48 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Yes it will have a cost but the price is undetermined at the moment.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

Pro-M Racing EMS
post #19 of 21 Old 07-14-2019, 07:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
any other updates? I am ready to rock and roll.

'01 GT:
YSI, 20lbs
89 LX:
347 stock
post #20 of 21 Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001sleeper View Post
any other updates?
Are you talking about features or updates on when the supplemental harness will be available?

FYI, The supplemental harness was developed for everyone that has the current harness. This way there is no buyer remorse when the "NEW" harness comes out. You will have all the new features available to you.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

Pro-M Racing EMS

Last edited by Michael Plummer; Yesterday at 05:24 AM.
post #21 of 21 Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
specifically when we will have the option to control our 4R70W trans with the Pro-M.
I wasn't sure if we were just waiting for the trans specific harness to be available or if there was still some development work going on.

that for the info thus far

'01 GT:
YSI, 20lbs
89 LX:
347 stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement