Smackdown Format & High Lites
Here are a few items for the upcoming Smackdown that I would like to go over:
1. The format for this Smackdown will remain the same as it always has. There will be no ladders, heads up racing, only selected grudge matches as usual.
2. Dr. Jamie Meyer will be covering this Smackdown for 5.0 Mustang & Superfords Magazine. He will be covering all the cars there, looking for potential feature cars, not just the modular shootout participants. If you wish to participate in the magazine modular shootout, you will be given a tech/spec sheet to fill out when you sign up and get an assigned number. At the end of the day bring your best time slip back to the sign up area for matching to your spec/tech sheet.
3. We will have professional photographer Kelly Pelrine on site to take pics of the cars. Kelly is top notch in her work and you will not be disappointed in the quality. I fully expect all will want to take advantage of this opportunity.
4. Sign up will be near the gas pumps, towards the start of the staging lanes. We will be setting up under a Quik Shade so we shouldn't be hard to find. At this time your number will be put on the car using our new super, double secret, encoder ring system. Please do not try to go to the staging lanes for racing without the correct assigned number/system on your car. This system we will be using for the glass will come right off so don't worry.
5. There will be a get together for those that wish to visit at the Best Western Motel. We have a conference room reserved as a meeting place for both Friday and Saturday nights. This will be a BYOB event. The number for the motel is 419-663-3501. Ask for the Ben Dorn block of rooms.
6. Quite a few vendors have expressed interest in coming and hope they will. Some include, Alternative Auto Performance, Paul's Automotive Eng., Fox Lake, Tremec Transmissions, and representatives from Ford Motor Co. I know there are more. No booths will be set up but I am sure you will be able to find them to ask questions.
7. A snack bar or two will be open as well as the performance shop.
8. Safety is first and formost in a event like this. Even tho there will be no official tech, I fully expect you to come prepared with the correct safety equipment for you car's ET/MPH. There is nothing to be gained, no prize money to win, or trophy's to carry home. So, if you get in trouble, get out of it, and come back in the next round.
See ya in a few days,