Nitrous FAQ page - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #36 of 40 Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangmichael View Post
Chances are your leanness was plugs misfiring. Did you tighten the gap up on the plugs when you started spraying? As the evening went on it got cooler, your computer was putting more fuel in to compensate for the denser charge. Also, what boost are you running? 45 psi does not sound right unless you are only putting 5 psi of boost into your engine or you don't have a boost referenced AFPR
thanks MM for the reply, the plugs are at .028"... i cant be 100% positive about the fuel pressure, that was just a quick glance... im gonna have to get more used to moving this quick... everything was a blur. according to the logs im making 9.87 psi @ 6000. i might mount a video camera inside aimed at the FP gauge.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37 of 40 Old 06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (58)
Do that for sure. You need to verify that the fuel pressure is keeping up with demand volume. If your pressure is falling off, you are def going lean. If you run static of 40 psi, and you are putting approx 10 psi of boost to it, then you should see 50 psi of fuel pressure min. If you are not seeing that, then the spray is putting too much of a demand on your fuel system and it's time to spend more money or sell the nitrous.

Michael Bell
email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 coupe, coyote 5.0, turbo, manual trans, project in progress....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 40 Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangmichael View Post
Do that for sure. You need to verify that the fuel pressure is keeping up with demand volume. If your pressure is falling off, you are def going lean. If you run static of 40 psi, and you are putting approx 10 psi of boost to it, then you should see 50 psi of fuel pressure min. If you are not seeing that, then the spray is putting too much of a demand on your fuel system and it's time to spend more money or sell the nitrous.
the plan is to get an 8" crank pulley and work the boost to around 15#, then back the nitrous down to a 50 shot, i might be doing a standalone fuel system for the nitrous... 1 gal tank where the battery is right now, ect.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39 of 40 Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Got a question. Just say i have a Dart 363 engine..compression maybe 11:1..able to run 93 octane. Ok, with good suspension, fuel system, and etc is it possible to go to track and retard timing and everything and run race fuel and spray up to 300 shot of nitrous? Also i have a 90 coupe, will it be possible to put down low 6s or high 5s? Mr. Ed Curtis told me i cant build a pump gas engine and MAGICALLY run race fuel at the track.

YES ITS A FORD AND DAMN RIGHT ITS FAST

Last edited by Rawtown; 12-17-2012 at 01:29 AM.
post #40 of 40 Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (40)
Garage
sure you can. what it will run is always a guess a 363 dart motor on a 300 shot better go 8's thats all i know.

id imagine you mis understood what ed curtis was trying to say. you can build a race track /race gas setup that on motor can run around town on pump fuel.

"Run what you brung " "dig race only "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement