new to nitrous have a couple questions - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-2018, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
new to nitrous have a couple questions

I just got a used kit from a buddy who is getting out of cars for awhile. Its an older NOS plate kit, came with 3 bottles, spare solenoids and a pile of other stuff.

His was set up for a much bigger shot than I want to learn on. Id like to know jetting guides for 50-75-100 hp shot, both fuel and n2o jetting. Most charts I find online start at 100. Being this is my first go around with it, Id like to start a bit smaller.

Fuel system, I have a 110 GPH Edelbrock mechanical pump. I imagine that this will not support nitrous, even at my small intended power levels. I have a holley black pump I could swap to, but will have to upgrade my entire fuel system around it, as my car is returnless and only has a 3/8 line coming out of the tank.

engine is a 408w with 10/1 compression static. Four speed car. AFR 205 heads and vic jr intake. if any other specs are needed, I am happy to share. Its a 85% street car with a few trips a year (planned, hasnt happened yet) to the strip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-02-2018, 04:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dads67coupe View Post
I just got a used kit from a buddy who is getting out of cars for awhile. Its an older NOS plate kit, came with 3 bottles, spare solenoids and a pile of other stuff.

His was set up for a much bigger shot than I want to learn on. Id like to know jetting guides for 50-75-100 hp shot, both fuel and n2o jetting. Most charts I find online start at 100. Being this is my first go around with it, Id like to start a bit smaller.

Fuel system, I have a 110 GPH Edelbrock mechanical pump. I imagine that this will not support nitrous, even at my small intended power levels. I have a holley black pump I could swap to, but will have to upgrade my entire fuel system around it, as my car is returnless and only has a 3/8 line coming out of the tank.

engine is a 408w with 10/1 compression static. Four speed car. AFR 205 heads and vic jr intake. if any other specs are needed, I am happy to share. Its a 85% street car with a few trips a year (planned, hasnt happened yet) to the strip.
the best way to handle the fuel, is a dedicated system just for the juice. something like a 1 gallon front mount cell using your black and leave the mechanical pump for just the motor. as for jetting, personally i wouldnt install a kit for less than 100... i would suggest starting with that. but then again, im the kind of guy that finds the largest jets to start with when installing a new kit rofl! if you didnt have and couldnt find jetting for a kit, you could go from this, just be careful... http://www.robietherobot.com/nitrousjetcalculator.htm

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement